GETTING STAINS OUT

You know, I\'m in love w/ Sew Clean.

It took a blood spot out of my leaders. And more recently, in a stupid moment I had a quilt back laying over the machine getting ready to load it and decided to adjust my wheels. Afterward I started moving in side to side and ran over the top and bound it up in the wheels. I\'d wiped down the rails before I started, but hadn\'t done the wheels apparently.

I just kept spraying it and wiping with a towl. It started to bleed the black spot to the back so I put a towl under it too and just kept spraying and blotting and it completely disappeared.

I\'m sold.

Let us know what works for you!

I don\'t think Synthrapol will remove stains. It is used to remove un-set dye from fabric. If the stains on the quilt are dye-transfer from the leather, it may work, though.

Try Carbona products or Grandma\'s Super Stain Remover (that is not the real name--just something like that!) Try the least caustic product first, like Spray and Wash, Shout, etc. Yellowing and rust stains on vintage quilts can be removed with a water/buttermilk/lemon juice soak (this hint from Marl Lipinski and friends)

I wish you luck-- all that work deserves a chance to shine!

Archived