Christmas blocks or a round robin???

chickenscratch

Can I join in from the other side of the pond or does that make it too complicated or expensive? Maybe one person in the US could collect all my blocks and send them to me in one hit. That said each block is so light it would only cost a couple of dollars for me to mail it to the US via letter post.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just catching up here.... Love the 15 1/2" size, would make for a bigger quilt top! Red and greens no problems, I do have some nice christmas stuff (I think Maywood Studios last year) that have such a nice gold over-print - ya\' know what I mean. First I

am off to work on the Friendship blocks - I am late...:( at least later than I wanted to be!!;)

Judi those fabrics sound yummy. I can\'t wait to see them in action.

I also think 15 1/2" will be better- fewer blocks=cuddly lap quilt for cold winter nights.

Don\'t worry about your friendship blocks being late going out-you still have plenty of time. Are you snowed in? Looked like there was quite a bit up that way again. Here it is 50 or so and windy, but we hunted eggs anyway. We didn\'t stay out very long. Nevaeh got too cold. She was having fun though.

Nope - just a bit snow here and there on the ground. Mostly mud!! It has either been raining / sleeting / snowing or something for the past few days. Gets up to 40 or so and everything is a mess. Don\'t like drving in the morning before the thick slushy-mushy has been plowed off the roads - yuck! No reason to wash the van....

Sandy,

Do you have EQ5 or EQ6? That\'s how I\'m going to get 15" block patterns. I can send you some if you want.

Another thing to try is finding 9 patch type blocks that are 12", then instead of making 4" blocks and rows, just make 5" blocks and rows.

4+4+4=12 5+5+5=15

Does that make sense?

If you want me to send you something, let me know.

http://www.quilterscache.com./index.html

go to their drop down menu and pick quilt blocks galore

you can then chose from the name of the block (left) or size of block (right) they also punch pin to tell you difficultly and piecing, paper and/or applique they probably have over a thousand blok with great directions

I am testing out "milky way" for this exchange

Thanks for asking the question Sandra - and Melora for posting the site address! I was going to ask Teresa too about patterns for that size!!

My oven timer is just about to go off too - My daughter and I made a Pineapple upside-down cake..... smells good too!!!:P

Teresa...

I\'ve never done one of these block exchanges before. Will you be letting us know how many blocks to make and where to send them? Do you need anything that I might be able to help you with? (Figured I\'d volunteer now while I don\'t know what\'s entailed so I can\'t be scared off! :D)

Thanks for doing this. I think it sounds like great fun!!

Anybody who did participate in our last exchange, please email me your name, APQS user name, and address. I will be emailing a confirmation back to you. In about a week I will email the lists of names and addresses so you can start making your blocks.

Dorothy, Thanks for the offer of help. There\'s nothing I can think of right now, unless you want to scope out internet sites for good deals on Christmas fabric and let us know. I still have a bunch left over from last year

Archived