Myrna...or any other helpful one....... :-)

Laurie

I\'m going to do a Baptist Fan on another quilt. I had already loaded it sideways to quilt it another way but after my client saw my other quilt, she wants hers done that way too. :cool:

Can I do the BF\'s with it loaded sideways and still have them be oriented top to bottom or should I just reload the quilt?

In your opinion, what would be the easiest way to go?

Thanks!!!

Laurie,

If you are loading the quilt by the sides, the orientation of the fans will be vertical, not the traditional horizontal fans.

IMHO, that would look a bit odd. Part of the charm of the fans, whether you do them using the HF, CL or a panto, is that they have a traditional look.

If it was me, I would bite the bullet and reload the quilt so the top/bottom are on the rollers. Then quilt those beautiful fans. I sure hope that you post a photo of the finished quilt.

Hmmm... I think you could do it Laurie. The BF is 1/4 of a circle, right? You could use any corner. I\'ve seen the BF quilted in different directions on a quilt, but I read some place on this chat a while back that Marilyn Badger says "traditionally" the baptist fans are supposed to point downward, not fan upward. If you can quilt it so the fans go down then you are OK however you load it. Right? :o

Archived