Favorite Pantos please????

Hi all, I am looking to add some pantos to my very small collection of quilt patterns. You see, I have resisted them on principle before. I would tell people that if I did a freehand design, It would be like my handwriting and unique to me. I still believe that, but I am beating my self up, putting so much thread and time into my allovers.

So, I only have about 10 patterns, and some I won\'t do because they are hard to follow and make look nice.

My favorite is Karyn Emerson\'s Double Plume , then My Favorite Leaves by Judy Allen. I also like Continuos Baptist Fan by Lorien Quilting (although it is a bit difficult) I don\'t have photos except for theis on, but if you do have a pic of a favorite;) or a link. PLEASE tell me who made it, they are tricky to find.

Also if you have a favorite online shop for them. Everyone that sells them has a good selection, but noone seems to have them all...

Caron,

There is another web site chat....not that I know anything about that ;) Anyway, they have an area called Panto Preview. It is really very good. People post their newest and favorite panto pictures. It has sold me, I have a new "Gotta Have" list going. You may already know of this site, but it is:

www.mqresource.com

Caron,

My all time favorite is Feathered Curls by Timeless Quilting Designs. I also like Simple Feather Meandering from Linda Taylor\'s website and Fleurs Interlocking which is from Dave Hudson\'s site which I think is Pattern Man or somthing similar.

All three of these are great and will probably be the only pantos I will do freehand now that I have CQ.

Donna

Caron,

I use th eMQ Resource Panto Preview,too. I have posted a few out there. It lists the name, designer, size, # of rows and then you get a stitch-out of the panto. Great resource.

I have a friend who divides her pantos into Easy, Intermediate and "Never again".

My current favorite is Fantasia by Hermione Agee (actually I love all her stuff). Her is a photo of a quilt done with this panto quilted by Randi at MQR

Fantasia quilt link

I also love Rosie by Jodi Beamish. Debi did this one

Rosie panto on carm pack quilt

And Rotorua by Hermione Agee. I quilted this one on watery blue batiks. Stitchout of Rotorua by Hermione Agee

And another one of mine called Wandering Daisies by Sharon Spingler. Looks great on little girl quilts.

Wandering Daisies

I get most of my pantos at the Quilted Rose because they are local and I can open up the panto to see the scale of the design. I love Deb Geissler\'s designs but they need a pricing category all to themselves, they are so intense. I also like Lisa Theissen\'s pantos as well as anything by Lorien.

I sometimes have problems remembering a pattern name but I can remember the designer. Weird. The search engines on most panto sites are not great. They need more keyword flexibility, in my opinion. If a panto has oak leaves, I should be able to search for "oak" to see a list of pantos that will ultimately include the panto named Leaf Pile. OK, the computer geek gets down from her soap box now. If I know the designer but not the panto name, I go to Columbia River\'s site and look it up.

Columbia River Quilting

Still "wet behind the ears" when it comes to Pantos, but as a beginner, I love the patterns that Lorien comes up with - I have ordered several in the past couple months (Will O wisp, Fascination, Simplicity, Feathers with a Twist, Bubbles, Windy Day). For my level - easy and enjoyable to quilt up.

I have several sites that I go to when looking for a panto. Willow Leaf Studio, Columbia River Quilting, Kingsmen Quilting Supply, Longarm Quilting Supplies, Pattern Station and Bayside Quilting. I like alot of the pantos by Jodi Beamish and Dave Hudson because they\'re not too busy. Some pantos I look at and think are too intense. Besides all the work, all the thread and the time involved I wonder how stiff the quilt is going to be with so much quilting. Barbara I\'m going to have to check out your list, because I don\'t think I have any of them. Linda, I am still using the spread sheet that you sent me. I just inserted my pantos on the list, it works great to keep this organized. DB

Hi Caron,

LongarmSupplies.com has a good selection of 13 pantos in their Beginner Pack. You pay for 12 and get one free.

https://www.canadianlongarmsupplies.com/index.php?crn=231

Paisley Playtime is a favorite of mine too. (Hermione Agee)

You can do a search on the website if you\'re looking for a specific pattern, or just enter the word "feathers" and you\'ll quickly get every pattern and product with the word feathers in, including the "feather lite clamps".

The Search button is on the left at the end of the category list.

My favorite is Linda Taylor\'s Feather Meandering, 14"; it goes fast and covers a wide area. It is available at www.lequilters.com. Linda also has Feathered Paisley, which looks wonderful, but takes longer to quilt and takes a lot of thread. I also like Plumge, Double Plume, Hurricane, Petal Flambe, Fantasia, & the large McTavishing. They are available at http://quiltscomplete.com, where any other over $50, shipping is free. I have some pictures posted at http://community.webshots.com/user/daynaragland

Dayna ;)

Along with Caron’s question about favorite pantos, what are your easy basic pantos for charity quilts? I like to do pantos but of course, I want something fast and easy.

Caron, one of my current customer favorites is Whirlygig from Willow Leaf Studios, also Deb’s Swirls from Deb Geissler and Oriental Cloud by Keryn Emmerson.

Whirlygig interlocks really well and that has become my top criteria with I look for pantos to buy. I buy most of my pantos from the Pattern Station.

Whirlygig and Waterworld are nice pantos...whirlygig is definitely not dense. I love garden patch by Donna R., it is intense but really nice. KinStudio has some nice pantos...I like FeatherMe and Featheration to name two, but there are others on their site. Blossom is another open and easy to quilt one.

Cheryl

Caron: I too like Double Plume...I have used it few times and what I really like is that I can finish up with one row instead of two if size dictates. I try to match the panto to the quilt but also the row size to the quilt. I try to have compete rows on the quilt top. Trelis Vine from Threadsongs, Woodlands by H. Agee and Feelin\' Groovy by Michelle Wymn and Terri Watson are some of my favorites. I prefer the more densly quilted patterns---just a personal preference. When I do meandering, I like denser also. I will go the web site mentioned to see more. Thanks for the topic and information. Jo-Ellen

Archived