Quilt Pattern Boards

rmooreh

I hope it is ok to post this message here. Some forums allow you to post message about your business other don’t and I could not find any clear direction either way. So I hope this is ok.

We have a small business in Olympia, Washington that makes quilt pattern boards that you can use a stylus to follow the pattern and stitch the pattern on to your quilt. I make all of the pattern boards in my shop and have designed most of the patterns. I have been doing this evening and weekends for the last year and half. I just retired after 31 years working for state government and will now be working on our business full time. If you would like to stop by and check out our web site you can find it at www.rns-design.com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Contact Linda Rech!! She and hubby are developing the "Topper" A quilting from the front sysytem, you can use the RNS boards with it and it was developed for our APQS machines!:D:D:D I am the very lucky recipient of one of the very first one for our Lenni. I will be here very soon!! I can\'t hardly wait!:cool:

Hi everyone,

Well, the cat has jumped out of the bag!

My DH has a new toy/tool in the testing process (thanks RitaR and Christi!)

It is a stylus system for making circles and tracing block pattern boards from the FRONT. So far it is a go and we have three Toppers out in use now.

We have models for the Millie size table and -ta dah- for the Lenni table.

Rita mastered hers in about six minutes and figured out how to do clamshells (I was stunned as we had never even thought of that application!)

Anyway, we will have a web site up soon with pics. Anyone who can\'t wait can email me and I will send pics and specs--(shhh---it\'s very inexpensive)

Thanks for all the support and encouragement and wonderful comments here. As most of us do, I feel you are all a part of my big extended quilting family. Love ya!

Works great too.. still playing.. and shall keep playing.. eager to hear of more patterns, too.

Like, hearts, cross hatching, oak or maple leaves.. dogwood blooms.. um, spirals.. uh um uhh yeah... those others too...

when, when, when????? loll

RitaR

I will be glad to update every few days on MY experiences of using the Topper.. Any specifics, how it\'s used, etc.. of course need to come from ffq-llr, otherwise known as Linda R and her himself.

It is easy to use.. easy to move out of the way, once the predinsone meds moved aside and I could even half way think, it was quite simple. A Clamshell was half a circle, started on a line and moved along..

I think I\'d prefer say 3 sizes clamshell in a continuous line, but am sure speeding up in how to make them using this method..

Patterns so far are perfect, 5 sizes of stars, and many circles.. each a bit bigger than the other.. or smaller.

Two sized stylus ends also helps.. Now and then with the little one I catch a corner like in a star intersection, and am learning to work around that.

Love it, Love it, Love it.. Thanks Linda and Denny..\\

RitaR

Hi everyone,

I have many of Ron\'s template boards and I just love them. The prices are even better. Since I live so close I get them in one long board instead of two or three shorter ones. And I can pick them up.Very user friendly. Great customer communication. Check out their web site.

Nora

Millennum

Washougal WA

Hi Kathleen,

To answer your questions--

Yes, you can drop a block pattern from a board into a block---- from the front. The circle-maker is what we provide but the capability is there to use other commercial block pattern boards with our base and stylus system.

MQS or any other show is so far in our future for us--we will be selling from the web site only--that will be up with pics hopefully this weekend.

We were "outed" by our wonderful "tester" friends who wanted to share this new way of doing stitching with all their buddies. So far we only have bases to fit the metal Lenni table and my Milli table, so if anyone needs one for the Liberty we can do that easily with some provided measurements. And we are in the infancy of the business as my husband scrambles to find the time to do it all! And I am madly answering emails--gotta get that site up!

Thanks for the interest, everybody!

Archived