Your favourite quilting patterns

Hi everyone

I thought I'd let you know about my very productive quilting day yesterday since I thought it might help others.

One of my favourite piecing designs is an Irish Chain especially if I have to get a quilt together in a hurry.

Most Irish chains have diagonal lines quilted through the small squares and a motif in the plain blocks. This looks great and is traditional.

An alternative to this is to use an edge to edge design. I love the look of "Daisy Chain" by Trillium House - especially on irish chains in pastel or soft colours. I quilted 2 single bed size tops yesterday using daisy chain in less than 5 hours - if only I could do this everyday I'd be RICH!

What are your favourite quilting patterns?

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just seeing if I can work out this attachment of photos as well. Here is my first ever quilt entered into a competition. I did it for QTQ this year.....on the Ultimate 1. Very sore shoulders after this one with the tiny stippling. Got some nice judges comments as well. Not a prize winner but I love it anyway....

Cheers

Tracey in Australia

www.constantinequilts.com

Hi Tracey and everyone

Your quilt looked great "in person" as it did on this board. It was up there with the greatest ones but the standard at QTQ was just so incredibly high and only a few could be winners.

I'm going to try to post a picture to the board next weekend of the Victorian APQS owners at our get together. We are all going to be busy drawing up our wholecloths and having show and tell of the project we made after the last get-together. That was an item of faux chenille.

Best wishes and thanks for showing us your quilt Tracey.

Sue in Australia

Some of my new favorite designs are by Diane Adams. Her pattern pack is just so original! Paisley and peacock feathers to name a couple. Keryn Emmerson is always great, too, and her border/sashings can be done freehand with a bit of practice. The Bamboo is a snap to freehand. These Aussies have been a busy bunch!

Archived