ABBREVIATIONS EXPLAINED

I have to tell ya\'all...I speak Ozarkian fluently - as most of you know....so when you put these abbreviations out there, I really have to use my noodle!! Most of them I get, but some of them...whew...I have to read the whole post to try to figure it all out. You will notice that I don\'t use those abbrv. all the time, my brain just doesn\'t think that way!!:D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I thought that it might be a good time to bring this up to the top again. Seems that there are always different abbreviations being used and I can use this. Only took me about 30 min.s to find it.!!! So, anyway, here it is for those (like me) that can use this as a helper to the computer jargon!

Originally posted by craftyfox

Does this qualify as learning a foreign language?

I so hope so....I can barely speak Midwest English....don\'t confuse me with a foreigh language. Siana is learning Spanish and next year start a 4 year program where she will be taking Manderin Chinese....heaven forbid.

My husband thought DH stood for something completely different and it was not able to be texted in this forum! He was mad at me, thinking I called him something! I was ROFLOL, much to his chagrin. I had to tell on him and my parents have been laughing about his definition ever since!

Patty Jo Thanks for bring this thread back to the top . I need to refresh my brain on abb , was having trouble with BTW for the life of me I could not get it , so I finally emailed my son when he told me what it was I went Duh I really should been able to get that on . I really would not do well with a text phone :P:P:P:P:

BTW happy quilting

Tina love the two you posted :P

• 2 months later...

Patty Jo and Meg: Thank you for "flattering my post" by sending it to the top. I thought about refreshing it myself, but I am flattered that you both felt it worthy of new attention.

Re: NQR - - I thought it meant "Inquiry" ! ! ! Someone asking a question instead of making a comment ! ! !

Ann,

I had copied it to my computer when I first got my machine about 6 weeks ago and found it very helpful. Had noticed that other newbies were questioning some of the shortcuts so just thought it appropriate to help other fellow newbies. Thanks for making a great list and for the update to the list.

Archived