For Hire - Someone to Quilt Saddle Bags

I know some people on this site are looking for work using his/her long arm machine.

This lady has contacted me twice but I know nothing about Saddle Bags and I really don\'t have the desire to quilt leather.

Anyway, if anyone wants this lead, here it is:

----------------------------------------------------------------

The message is:

I am looking for someone to make quilted saddle pads ..Connie Jarzmik...Charlotte,N.C.

Her email is Conjarz@aol.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am assuming she would be willing to mail items back and forth...I know nothing else about this person or the job but it may be a good lead if anyone is interested in contacting her.

The saddle pad is the thick, padded square of fabric that goes under the saddle. It would have to be very thick to be effective. I don\'t see how one would do that with a longarm machine, but I may contact her and see what she has in mind.

ON another note. Has anybody ever quilted casket liners? They are using favorite quilt patterns inside caskets now. I\'ve seen a double wedding ring and a hole in the barn door one. They are really quite lovely, considering.

These could very well be a special decorative pad that goes over a saddle blanket....some sheriff\'s search and rescue have a special pad that goes over the saddle blanket that would have a logo or a company unit on it....would be worth a look see...nothing ventured nothing gained if you don\'t.

They could be very thin and easy to quilt.

Saddle bags are just what they say. It is a set of bags that go behind the saddle to carry things in (snacks, water, drinks, etc.) while you are riding. I trail ride a lot and we take lunch with us because we may stay out several hours. The bags are usually quilted so they are insulated.

Last summer a lady brought in a quilted leather lap size blanket she\'d made. It was stunning, had western & Horse type designs that were inked, stained or etched into the leather, plus lots of crystal & sterling silver bangles. She custom designs and makes each quilt for the customer. Just the Designing start at $1500.00.

Said she uses an old industrial Machine on a old wood frame, also does some quilting on a HSM.

She also uses no less than 3 strands of Thread through the needle on the LA quilting part.

Terry

Archived