Joke for the day

You have a point that this is a public arena and we need to watch what we say. But you know what? If that "joke" you are talking about was told in a way that "wasn\'t meant to be" mean-spirited and degrading, I would laugh at the truth in it. I see the glass as half full, not half empty,and look for the good, not the bad.

The trick is to be able to distinguish between the mean jokes and the good-natured ones that poke fun at our human qualities. We need to be able to laugh at ourselves and not take ourselves so seriously, or we will bristle at almost everything we see or hear and then start judging everyone else\'s words and motives.

I don\'t normally post here, but I had to this time.

Shana,

Thanks for the joke. Life is so intense, I need to laugh more. Thank you.

I enjoy reading your posts. You are a very nice, uplifting and encouraging person.

I know you meant no harm to anyone. That\'s not what you do.

Political Correctness is really political control. The attempt to control the thoughts

and words of others. Don\'t let it master you. You are a wonderful person. Many

people are blessed by you, and who you are. Thanks for being you.

Jackie

OK friends, I think I really stepped on a piece of doggy doody here and I am sorry. The intentions were good but backfired. I had no idea this would happen.

Anyway, I want to thank Mike for bringing this to my attention that yes, there are many eyes out there that could have read this joke the wrong way, that I was poking fun at humans and in all truth, I was making a joke about the cartoon image. You are right that my joke could be misconstrued and offend people and if I did that I am very truly sorry. I love all people; doesn\'t matter if they are tall or short or whatever. I know many people from many backgrounds and those who know me understand that I appreciate everyone for who they are and I never ever judge a book by its cover. Never. I learned that lesson a long long time ago when I was young.

Have a nice day and happy quilting. :)

Are we all getting in a February funk or what? I thought my 3rd grade students were getting cranky because of too much indoor recess. Maybe everyone needs to go out and play for a while. :P In fact, it\'s 3:20 and I\'m going to run (yes, run) through the building and out to my car and hope I don\'t bump into anyone of any size, gender, color, or whatever on my way home. Then I\'m going to hug my Lenni and my husband (probably in that order) and remember life is good. :cool:

Julie you are so right. Life is good and if you can laugh, laugh. Like I said earlier my son was in an accident today. He\'s 20, I told him this morning I loved him and to be careful. He wasn\'t driving but still as a passenger going 55 and t-boning into another car isn\'t good. He came home from the hospital after being checked and nothing broken, but very sore and thank you Lord very much alive.

Again Shana, you made me laugh and I thought of Snow White and the Seven Drawfs.

Love those around you, smile because you can, laugh because it feels good. Live simply because you can.

You are all right. Laugh, get some fresh air, have a glass of wine and a piece of chocolate! I\'m going to the gym and then I\'ll be quilting. I took Monday off as a treat to myself and I\'m going to challenge myself to a fun play piece!

Sheryl - I\'m so glad your son is ok! That is so scary. My son called me yesterday and by his tone I could tell something was wrong. He said he was headed to the ER that he probably needed a few stitches. He called me when he was done and he got 12 stitches...a few!!!! Hubby got his feelings hurt a little I think because he didn\'t get the call...lol I told him it was just a mom thing! He said and that makes you happy right, YUP! My son is 25 and I like that he still calls me when there is a problem. He has always come to me first except when he got a tatoo and knew I wouldn\'t be happy...he had Dad break the news to me on that one!!!

Hang in there everybody. Spring is almost here!

Heidi

Heidi, I know how that son stuff can be. The day before yesterday, I spent from 7:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at the ER with Joshua. He has a gastrointestinal virus. The doctors at first thought it was appendicitis. Thank goodness it wasn\'t, but he\'s still feeling sick.

Shana, I got a kick out of the joke. My mind immediately went to Snow White. I loved that movie when I was little. I didn\'t even make the dwarf/little person connection until Mike said something.

My students are 8th graders. Some of them understood, the others got it explained by the ones who got it. They all explained it as like Snow White and the seven dwarves. Don\'t feel like you do anything wrong.

The base joke seems cute, and I agree makes one chuckle, now think, If you had a dwarf in your class would you have told the joke then? and did you tell them the whole threads worth of the rest of the story......Read the whole thing before you jump on me, not just the base joke:cool: More food for thought......:cool: Monkey wasn\'t the only one making comments, was she, maybe someone else feels a little bad....:D

Archived