Bobbin stitches

Help...I am working on a pantograph, but I think this would happen no matter what. Stitching from right to left, the stitches are fine, (stnding at the back of the machine). But the bobbin stitches are straight going from left to right. I am sure I have read this problem here before, but I can't find it when I need it, can someone help?

Mary Beth, our Millennium was doing the same and after fighting with it for 2 years, I turned the bobbin around to see how that would work. After readjusting the little spring for proper tension I found that the stitches are 100% better .

The only problem I encountered by turning the bobbin around is that when using Nymo prewound bobbins you need to pay attention to the bobbin size, when it gets small without the sides on it the thread will actually catch on the little fingers of the backlash spring and rip ( bend ) them backwards since the bobbin now spins in the opposite direction. However there is no problem when using metal bobbins or any other prewound ones that have sides.

Don't forget to re adjust the tension when turning the bobbin back around the way the book tells you too. There is " NO " rule that states that the bobbin has to be in a certain way. You can insert it whichever way it works best for you. I will probably get flamed for this but it's the truth and I am sticking too it.

The other thing that I noticed is that tension of the quilt, fabric (the back should be washed) and the batting has a lot to do with it.

A thicker batting will pull more of the flat stitches into the middle of the sandwich. I like to use Hobbs 80/20 whith fairly low loft and have hardly a problem any more. If I do, it's always on heavy starched backing fabric.

J?rgen

:)

Archived