Sign in to follow this  
AHuffman

AACK!

I went to clean out my flywheel area for the first time, and can\'t get the two bottom screws loose! They are way too tight, and I\'m afraid they are either stripped or almost to that point. What tis the symbol for "I have a non-handy hubby"? :D:D:D

Jen

Jen

Gilroy, CA

Millenium

Ladies, I am not sure if this is a solution, but I heard that if you lightly tap the screw with a screwdriver and hammer at a slight angle, then that will "shall I say" bust it loose a bit and then you can get it out without stripping? Good luck.

PS: Put some painters tape around the screw area so if your screwdriver goes off during the tapping, it won\'t slip and scratch the exterior finish of the longarm

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Yep..I use a center punch that you would use with a hammer. You want to tap with the hammer to make a divot with the punch on the outer edge of the screw. Then angle your punch in the direction to loosen the screw and tap again with the hammer, this should break the screw loose.

Good luck!

Posted Image

APQS Sales

800-426-7233 ext.202

Argh, Shana, where were you when I gouged a huge (and deep) scar in my Liberty\'s finish?! Painter\'s tape...duh!! What a good idea....next time. My husband used a file to cut a groove in the top of a top-damaged bolt (from my aborted attempts to remove the extremely over-tightened screw) and then a screwdriver to remove it. He was so glad he hadn\'t damaged the finish... sigh. Caroline