Sign in to follow this  
AHuffman

Can I remove thread cutter from my Millie?

I never use the thread cutter and would like to take it off of my Millie. Is this an easy task? I would like to get the extension table from Off the Edge Quilting that is made for Millies without thread cutters.

Is this doable (or even advisable)?

There was a post recently - don\'t know where - that said NOT to take the thread cutter off, since it balances the heavier (back) part of the machine. You might call APQS about this before you make a decision. They\'re usually real good about helping us out, even those of us who bought used machines from someone else, not APQS.

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1315 NW Mall Street, Suite 4

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

Yes, you can remove the thread cutter...mine has been removed. When Jim from APQS came and installed my CQ...I had him remove it. I recently weighed the thread cutter and it weighs 2 lbs 12 oz. I never use it because I am in the habit of bringing the thread to the top of the quilt and I wanted to lighten up the weight of the machine.

The back end of the millie is not that much different than the back of the freedom which doesn\'t have a thread cutter. So I am not sure about the reason for balancing the weight of the machine...but it is an interesting concept.

Guess I\'ll give them a call and find out too.

Cheryl

363702C2B0808C78BC03248E42546B9B.png

I took the thread cutter off of the Millie that I used to use. I could tell it was lighter to move. I also then made a new top plate (can\'t think of the real name) out of plexiglas and checked the height of the foot and needle bar. Had no problems.

b]Farmhouse Quilting[/b]

E6FE628922554DFB7F4DFBD765FA3740.png

MMMMM, never thought of taking mine off. I never use it either. Thought it was a great plus before I bought my machine and learned to use it(grins) jeri

JUST QUILTING

APQS SALES & SERVICE

Fil-Tec / Glide Distributor

you\'ll just have a freedom once its removed! The millie and the freedom use the same exact body. Keep in mind that you will have to use a different base that is made for the freedom or ult machines.

Sherry Rogers-Harrison

Innova Pro SR 26" with Lightning Stitch and Auto Pilot

http://www.sewfarsewgood.org

mailto:sewfarsewgood@comcast.net

206 412-4720

http://www.facebook.com/people/Sherry-Rogers-harrison/1353418232

~you can't hurt your eyesight by looking on the bright side~