Question on use of air compressor

PamelaA

My baby compressor fills up and stops. I use it as soon as it has built up enough pressure to do the job. Then I turn it off. The pressure will slowly go down, but I don\'t leave it on--that automatic start-up has scared me too many times!! See--I can still learn!

I turn mine on and when it stops, I use it. It goes to 110psi, I think. I\'m with Linda, when that compression kicks on automatically and I am in the middle of quilting, I just about jump out of my skin. Not good while quilting. So I, too turn mine off once it gets to 110psi and clicks off.

My new compressor started losing air and clicking back on to recharge more often than usual immediately after I let my DH use it to pump up his car tires. Grrrr :mad: :mad: Apparently, he had to change the connector to use it on tires. When he set it back to use for my machine, he did not tighten it enough so it was losing air and having to recharge more often. I told him to buy his own compressor. ;)

Dorothy,

Don\'t be afraid to clean your machine. If you are practicing very much, you really need to go ahead and get to it! Do you have the CD they gave us with the machine? (not that they "gave" me my machine:P) Dawn explains very well how to clean your machine. It is nothing to be afraid of, trust me!

Shana...not everything in my studio is pink...although that is a good idea. DH had "borrowed" my air compressor before....hummm...if it was pink, I know he would keep his mits off it!!

I am very impatient so when my air compressor gets up to 40 psi, I start using it...I don\'t think that is great advice because it runs out of steam fast...just like me;)

HOW OFTEN DO YOU GUYS USE THE AIR COMPRESSOR ON YOUR MACHINE I JUST TOOK THE AIR COMPRESSOR TO MARTHA AND GAVE HER HER D&C AS WELL SHE SHOULD BE SMILING IN THE MORNING WHEN WE PUT ON ANOTHER QUILT DO YOU HAVE AN EASY WAY TO BLOW HER OUT OR IS THERE A SPECIAL NOZZEL FOR THE SMALL TIGHT AREAS BEHIND THE BOBBIN CASE AND SO FORTH.

MERRY

• 1 month later...

The nice thing about compressors is that they don\'t have moisture in them like the canned air has. Using canned air can cause many problems with long use. With my compressor I always keep it at 100 psi. Mine will go as far as 120 psi and I feel that using 100 psi is just right for the compressor. I\'m afraid that if I leave it at 120 psi it might overload and explode. I don\'t think this will ever happen, but why take the chance. zeke.............

Hi, guys...just thought I\'d jump in here quick...

I checked with Mike, and he suggested 80 psi as a good maximum setting to use - the machine can handle more than that - only concern would be if the paint is a bit soft in areas that have oil on them continually (like around the hook assembly area), a higher PSI could start taking the paint off!

Hope this info helps....

Archived