Irish Chain - Customer Quilt - Custom Work

Well, here are a few pics of my customer\'s quilt including wavy borders before quilting.

This was a custom quilt that I took on and I think I made about $2.00 per hour - yikes! But I learned a lot. I actually got better at the cross-hatching not using CQ then using CQ. (Yes...Dawn...no CQ and man, was I out of my comfort zone!!!:o). The customer\'s 9 patches weren\'t perfect but she wanted the design as shown in her book. The cross-hatching tended to show all of the piecing problems but overall I think it turned out well.

We won\'t even talk about the wavy borders...like sewing curtains! ... sigh...

The motif designs in the plain blocks are CQ designs by One Song Needle. (sshhh...don\'t tell anyone but she is a G girl) She has some of the most beautiful motif designs.

Ok, now back to my pantos customer quilts!

post--13461899392716_thumb.jpg

Wow! Thank y\'all so much from the feedback. This quilt was very nerve racking for me personally!

I quilted the borders with my eyes closed...Just kidding:P The lines had to go through the small beige and white triangles in the border at an angle to meet the inside border...and were supposed to correlate to the the nine-patches...but I think there were a few extra triangles sewn into the border...so that theory went out the window... The lines in the borders were about 1/2 inch apart and there were pleats near the edges but wasn\'t much I could do about it...just hoped the customer realized "I couldn\'t quilt it out".

Hi Darlene - I almost sent you an email last night and realized that it was you! I\'m getting excited about our upcoming class! I am getting lots of tidbits of information from the APQS experts! You\'ll have to tell me about your upcoming trip this summer!!

Thanks so much!!!

Joanne, you really made this quilt stunning! I love simple quilts with simple designs. They are sooo lovely. You nailed it with this one, so be super proud.

PS: No shame in Gammill folks or any other type of longarm brand....as far as I\'m concerned, Ford, Chevy, etc...it\'s not the model machine you drive, it\'s the driver (artist) that makes it go wow...WOW! :) Isn\'t it great that we have so many options to choose from? Life is good.

Happy quilting.

Lisa - The pattern is from One Song Needle Art - go to http://onesongneedlearts.com/product_info.php?products_id=2190 - look for the Janice with the attitude - the pattern in this quilt is the large block, 2nd row, 3rd column

This is a CQ pattern...not sure if Donna (owner of One Song Needle Art) has templates that you can purchase.

The Janice with Attitude sets also make great wholecloth designs...I could see adding trapunto to some of these!

Thanks everyone for the compliments!! Y\'all are really boosting my spirit!

Archived