Bags for Customer Quilts

mbq

Wondering what everyone uses to return quilts to their customers....... I remember reading about cleaner\'s supply bags but not sure about the web site.

Thinking that having a unique / creative way to return the finished quilt is something we can do to set ourselves apart . Thanks for any suggestions.

I get paper shopping bags with handles from Portland Store Fixtures. They are www.portlandstorefixtures.com

Although I have yet to do it, one of the fabric stores here in town ties a business card onto the handles with raffia on hers, or you could make a stamp with your logo or stickers with your logo on them.

Beth

I also use the Jumbo sized Kraft paper bags. I bought the Avery clear labels in the 8-1/2 X 11 size and print 4 logos per page then cut apart and put on the bag. Customers love them, they are reusable and what a great way to advertise your business as they can use them to take to clubs or quild or whatever. :P

I think the cost with label and bag is less than a dollar each. Not bad for advertising.

post--13461899394292_thumb.jpg

This may be tacky but I used handle tie plastic kitchen garbage bags.....

This is what I use to store unquilted customer quilts. When the quilt is on the frame, the extra batting goes in it. When the quilt is finished, the quilt goes in along with the final invoice.

The quilts stay clean when the customer transports from here to wherever........

If blue marker has been used on the quilt, I point this out to the customer so problems can be avoided.

No one has complained about the bags.....every size of quilt fits.....and they are inexpensive. They work for me, for now anyway.....

I\'d love to provide other types of bags but right now it\'s all about avoiding expenses.....except for thread!!!

Our own Linda Steller has repeatedly suggested the wonderful blanket bags found at Cleaner Supply. They are clear plastic and have vented sides. Very professional looking and you can sticker your logo/business info on the side.

They are on the site under packaging/comforter bags and she purchases the 15" blanket bag--less than a buck each. I need to get me some of those! www.cleanersupply.com

Thanks Linda for all the info you share!

I use the large Ziploc storage bags w/ handles. I print out my card that has a "thank you for your business" extra line on it on sticky labels and then put wide clear tape over it cuz it wants to come off.

It costs me just over a dollar each but my customers are pretty good about returning the next quilt in them.

My best customer sometimes does not, but she\'s such a good customer she gets a new one each time if she doesn\'t.:D

I have been using pillow cases that I get at auctions. I usually go to estate auctions to buy old white pillow cases and clean and the embroidery my logo on them and when I get a quilt done I put it in to return to the customers. As quilts are not to be storied in boxes and plastic. Some times customers return it with another quilt top in it. Nita:cool:

I just dug out my invoice...200/ $61.05. They are really nice, frosted plastic bags with handles. Very strong.

I just had a return customer bring her quilt to be quilted back in the bag. So that will save me ;)

One quilter in our area uses these bags, says that she sees her bags all over the place, people using them to take things into the quilt store, etc. Has her lable on it...good advertising.

I use a printed with my business name, phone number and e-mail address on a large plastic bag which I purchased from www.uline.com. I got the very large size with handles in a frosty clear color. There is no mistaking the bag or the contents. I have heard a few horror stories about significant others throwing a quilt out with the trash. Certainly didn\'t want that to happen to my valued customers.

Cathy

:D

Mary Beth,

I just ordered some of the bags that you use from Nashville Wraps. I ordered over the phone, and found the young lady very pleasant and really liked the fact that I could order a smaller amount, not the 200 you use. But I needed some smaller bags for another business I do and so now am excited for them to come...Plus ordered some bags from the "Sale" bin, I am a sale shopper by nature, also thought the tissue paper was a very good price. I live in an area that we do not have the big box stores to run to, so need to do a lot on line or through the mail. Thanks for the advice. Judy

Yes, the label stick very well. They are even the cheap Office Max 3"x4" shipping lable. I have never had them peal back off.

I have Publisher, so I make my own label with my company name, and phone number. Then when the customer picks up their quilt I include my business card and any other information I want to give them. Like I have been putting a card advertising MQS with a $1 off admission. We can get these cards at our machine quilters guild meeting so I pass them on to the customer. Also, I am thinking of offering a ??% off referral to my customers. Like a business size card with my info on one side, and the customer\'s name on the other, that they can give to a friend to refer them to me. Haven\'t thought it all the way through...but that would go into the bag too.

Oh...and I am working on a little "helpful hints" handout to give to my customers to help them get it right before they bring me their quilts. You know, borders, seams pressed, backings seamed and pressed...you know all the regular stuff that we know....but they don\'t!

Judy - glad to hear you were able to get what you wanted. I split my order with another girl, so I was able to get 100. That works for me for now. You will like these bags.

My favorite bag is a diecut handle bag that\'s clear. My customers reuse them also, and I like very much that I can see through them, especially if I have to leave it at the LQS for pick-up. They are 24X24 X5 and big enough for all but the king sized jumbo quilts. Qty 250 is $79, less than .32 ea.

I would NEVER use a garbage bag, I know someone who got quilts thrown away when the basement was being cleaned out...

I get mine from Uline, same as Teresa. They have everything! So many sizes and colors. Tapes and tissue paper too, plus boxes! You can just call their 1-800 # I love their catalog. Bonus for me is that they ship from the cities, and like Teresa said - same day too!!:)

I do need to order some smaller ones with handle for these little projects that I have/get. I agree with clear bags - I have heard that nasty story too!!! :o Never thought of printing out my logo and business card stuff and taping it to the bag - great idea! Oh we can always learn new things here!!!

After seeing an ad for Personal Quilt Carriers in the "Unlimited Possibilities" publication, I took the plunge and ordered 25 of Virginia LongArm\'s bags and 25 of the quilt carriers (similar to a garment bag) in HOT PINK, no less. The material the bags and carriers are constructed from is one of these recycled fabrics, quite similar to the bags we see available at several grocery chains. The bag has zippers that not only reveal the top, but zip down to the bottom of the bag, allowing three sides to insert the quilt. The carrier requires a coat hanger for the quilt to be hung on, the the zipper on it goes from the neck of the coat hanger to the bottom of the carrier. Zippers are color-matched to the bag. Each choice boasts of a transparent little carrier on the outside, just big enough to insert your business card. I encourage my customers to use the bag to BRING me the next quilt, and I return that quilt in the carrier to them. According to Virginia LongArm, longevity is probably 16 "trips." To obtain more info, you can contact: www.PersonalQuiltCarriers.com or phone at:

804-556-9026. I am pleased with the product, and my customers are pleased, too.:D

we fold the quilt up long and skinny and put it on a hanger. Have a - don\'t even know what it\'s called but it\'s a thing you would use to pull a dry cleaner bag over an item - has a roll of dry cleaner bags at the bottom and a pole that pulls up to hang the hangered quilt on - then you pull the bag over the hanger and pole - step on the lever at the bottom and the pole drops down and the quilt is in your hand bagged. We also have two store fixture clothes racks on wheels - hang the quilts up there when they\'re done - use the other rack to hold the undone quilts on hangers. Place underneath the rack to hold clothes baskets with quilts that come with batting in bags. If we\'re shipping the quilt back to the customer, we use the blanket bags from cleaners supply also. Wonderful bags and come in different sizes.

Archived