Problem getting started with Harley Fence..sussed? pics

sewlinzi

I have only just got around to using my hartley fence even though I got it last June when the UK dealer put it on but did not demonstrate it as there were bolts missing... there are still a couple of crucial washers missing from the parts - I don\'t have the white plastic spacers or washers to attach the arm to the machine - can APQS send those to me? Also when the fence brake is on it is not tight.

Your help is appreciated as I would like to conquer and use this fairly expensive extra!

LINZI

Now it just shows that I have to use my initiative now and then while you are not in my time zone!

I\'ve taken some pics for you all to check.

I tried again with the bolts that I got from the dealer. They were too big but they do seem to act as spacers - will these do instead of the white plastic spacer and washer?

I loosened the little bolt on the brake so the rubber end sits more tightly against the rails.

Have I attached the spindle to the idler arm correctly?

Next time I promise to get Myrna\'s DVD instead of book so I have VISUAL aids for idiots !!

Hi Linzi,

Everything looks ok except the last pic. You don\'t have to have the nut on the bottom thus locking it into a hole for the circle maker. You have the nut on the bottom of the long arm which hold it on to the arm, but then the pin just drops into the desired hole that you want for whatever sized circle that you are after.

Hope that helps and makes sense. :)

Take care,

Thanks, Mark for looking at the pics - does the nut just sit under the long arm - not attached as such? Now I have to actually go and quilt with it. Mmm..... perhaps I\'ll do the ironing and tidy up first, then I\'ll be ready to stop being such a chicken!

LINZI x

Archived