Anyone going to MQX

besides the location [different states ] would one you mind explaining the difference of MQS & MQX ?

As a newbie , is one better then the other to attend ?

How do you find out what classes are offered ?

Is it better to just shop at these events then take classes at the teachers studios ?

Would there be less students per class at studio more hands on stuff like that .

What do you all think ?

Thanks

Carol,

I honestly don\'t know. This is my first time going to MQX and I have never been to MQS. I discovered it online and I signed up to have a class schedule mailed to me. I think they are similar as far as the classes and instructors. They may have different promoters or sponsors. My guess is that the same vendors would go to both events. We picked MQX over MQS because we have never been to New Hampshire and thought this would be a good excuse to head east. This is just my humble opinion and maybe someone else who has been to both can enlighten us.

Colleen.

I\'ll be at MQX for the show only (classes just aren\'t in the budget) But a friend said I HAD to see my first show entry in person. So we are driving down Thursday from Maine, oogling and shoping Friday and coming home Saturday. I went in 2006 and was overwhelmed. I\'ve already got my list of things to see and ask (and maybe buy)...and the butterflies are starting for my entry in the E2E catagory. Hope to see a few familiar faces.

Leslie

I\'m going to MQX! I will arrive Thursday and stay until Sat. I\'ll be in the convention hotel! Yeah! Sue I\'ll be sure to stop by and say hi. I want to see if your feet are back to normal! I\'ll also see you at Deloa\'s camp in Oct. I didn\'t get my baby quilt done in time to get entered into MQX. I\'m hoping it will be at MQS even if I can\'t go! All of you going to MQS will have to let me know how it shows! Leslie I\'ll have my eye out for your quilt.

We have 3 longarmers here from Western NY driving up on Tuesday and staying till Saturday. Will be sure to stop at the APQS booth, Sue and Heidi, and hope to see Deloa also. Her camp in October was wonderful. Bringing a big vehicle and credit card:)

Pat

We are going straight thru. They say about 8 hours from Buffalo. We are all in classes for all days, plus the fashion show, banquet, breakfasts --- can\'t wait. Hope we didn\'t take on too much. Must have time for shopping. My Millie is dying for some new stuff and need time to see the wonderful quilts.

Carol,

I have neverr been to MQX so others can comment on this. MQS in Kansas City (Overland Park) is a huge longarm show. Lots of vendors so you can see and in many cases demo a product. Classes are hands-on or lecture demo from $25 - 120, it varies. Book classes early. Here is link to

MQS site, look for the catalog and download the .pdf format catalog to get a feel for teachers, classes and pricing.

http://www.imqa.org/

Carol,

MQX is much the same but from what I understand it isn\'t as busy as MQS is. Some teachers have told me they prefer MQX because they have more time to talk to students between classes and it isn\'t as rushed. I\'ve been to MQX but not to MQS. Compared to Quilt Market it is a small event but what I love about it is that all the vendors are in one location and you really get a chance to try everything! Well worth the trip. Of course being from the Northeast I\'m a little partial to this show!

• 2 weeks later...

OK the show is on!!!! The classes have started, the booth are set up and ready to goooooo and the rooms and halls are full of wild longarm quilters!!!!! We are soooo excited at the APQS booth as we have our new local rep with us, she will be in the booth and walking the show floor so come on by and say hello!!!! I know she\'ll be happy to meet everyone, lets give her a warm APQS welcome to the family cheer!!!;)

Archived