Ideas on the White Space in a Texas Star Quilt - with Pics

Joanne, these quilts have never been entered in shows.

I bought the white and red one from the customer who was going to give it to a niece who didn\'t appreciate quilts. It was made by her grandmother over 35 years ago.

I usually hang it in my booth at shows. It pulsates in and out when you look at it. It really draws people in.

It has been in many SD magazines, newspapers and travel guides. It has a life of it\'s own and I never know where a picture of it will show up benounced to me.

JoAnn -

Yes - I noticed the red quilt with the yellow tips...I started staring at it yesterday and it did look as if it was spinning but pulsating is a good word too!! It definitely draws you in!!! very hypnotic and the blue quilt is just stunning too...

Just incredible...ok...I\'m going to go look again!!

Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas and I loved JoAnn\'s quilts ... so many ideas ... I am going to make my own Texas star...one day...

Well, here is what I ended up doing...fairly simple...Chevrons(I think that is the right terminology) and parallel lines. As usual, I don\'t get perfectly pieced customer quilts but somehow they tend to still look decent when completed... I used Sherry Rogers-Harrison\'s Apple Template in the Star itself...the curves added a lot and held down the "bumpies" in the piecing.

Maybe my next quilt will have feathers...

post--13461899477719_thumb.jpg

Archived