April Blizzard????

Well as you probably heard, we in the northland got hit with a Blizzard. I don\'t know how much snow as of yet...the wind is howling, the snow is flying and there isn\'t a snowplow in sight. The buses aren\'t running, the mall is closed and to top it off, they canceled the local quilt "mini shop hop"...what is a quilter to do. I suppose I could work on several projects....what a concept...anywho, enjoy your day...

:cool::(:cool:

We here in SW MO are suppose to get snow Sat. We have peach, apple blossoms out right now and I have some things in my garden coming up. I guess I will be replanting. I hope it does not last long. Maybe the peach & apple trees will have some fruit this year. Last year we had a ice storm 1st week in April and no one had peaches and apples all through the Southern Midwest. Hoping this does not happen again.

I am here in NW Iowa and we were just on the cutoff point for snow--we are getting a few flakes but most of them are melting when they hit the ground--I am fine but our daughter is stranded in college in South Dakota and we were planning on meeting in Sioux Falls to go shopping and come home for the weekend--and when she hasn\'t been home for several weeks--that can be quite traumatic for a girl--well hopefully she can come home tomorrow.

Today is our 22nd wedding anniversary--and the day after our wedding after we left town it was a blizzard too!! I am quite sick of winter and ready for some flowers and green grass!!!

Heidi, Amen.....The crocies and the daff\'s are starting to try to push out of the ground and under the trampoline, it needs to be mowed already....the sun shining down through the black part really excelled the growth. Yesterday it was 70, and as you know today its not even in the 60\'s...so please please keep the snow, I promise we will try to send you some rain later in the year, but for now just keep your snow.;)

Hi you all from AK,

We had a snow strom on Tuesday, but I did make it to Guild meeting and yesterday we had a little snow but today is bright and sunny and 33 degrees! The ground is still frozen so no planting if going on but we are getting over 14 hours of daylight! I love it here and would not move back to the lower 48. By this summer it will be in the 60s and 70s and daylight all the time. We get huge plants and vegetables up here in our short growing season. Come visit sometime!

Yah, come on up! :) Our garden veggies get HUGE with the long summer days... check this out.

Here\'s a link to a local gardener who grows \'em big... 75 lb cabbages, 35 lb cauliflower and broccoli, zuchini, giant carrot and rutabaga ... the secret must be the moose & bear poop fertilizer LOL :P (just kidding folks)

http://www.alaskagiant.com/

http://www.recordholders.org/en/records/vegetables.html

And , no, this picture is not "enhanced" with Photoshop!

post--13461899482636_thumb.jpg

Would you believe this is the first 70º day we\'ve had in ages here in Seattle!!! Yes, I said Seattle--the land of coffee and rain. If it didn\'t rain so much, we wouldn\'t drink so darn much coffee to stay warm and dry. Mmmmm, i don\'t know how it helps the dry--just mental.

Happy quilting today--it\'s my birthday so I\'m out in the yard talking to my herbs.

See ya,

:cool:

Happy Birthday Sylvia....I hope your day was a great one.

Mine was yesterday and I had beautiful blue skies and over 70 outside....talked for hours on the stoop, brothers, sisters and friends calling.....didn\'t want to go inside.

Happy birthday to Bonnie and Sylvia.

Bonnie is the best long-distance buddy and Sylvia is a local--we are hoping to car-pool to the next NW get-together.

(And Rita--it would be a dream if (when) you and hubby return to the NW)

Sunny and 70 degrees here today!

Happy birthday Bonnie and Sylvia...A little late, but better late than never!

Wow what weather!! I\'m messed up on my sleep patterns since I\'m working nights right now. Since I don\'t work Friday nights, last week I got back on schedule very easy and went back to normal bedtime on Friday night....not this week:( So I tried to go bed at a normal time and the wind is about to blow the walls down, everything in this house is creeking! The temprature has dropped in the last day and we are suppose to be getting snow showers here on Saturday. When I finally gave up on going back to sleep I could here either sleet or hail hitting the siding and windows. Ick!! Come on Spring time - I\'m ready!!

Happy birthday a day late to Bonnie and Sylvia.

It got up to 84 at my house NE of Seattle. It was sunny all day, but alas, I had sticky buns to make this morning for a doings at church tomorrow and then had to quilt all afternoon. I did open the slider in my quilt room, however and enjoyed the fresh air and bird sounds.

Archived