Website, where to go

They are a great website, and do I believe places like Superior Threads...I called them and they were WAY WAY more than I could afford...so I guess I personally will just stay with my own design and hope someday I will get actually launched.

Superior Threads recommends a web developer in Bob\'s monthly newsletter. I don\'t have one to tell you who it is, but if you email Bob at Superior Threads from the website, I\'m sure he can tell you.

I did my own from Microsoft Live Small Business - it was very easy and (so far) is free.

Julia

We\'re doing things on our own as well. We have registered the domain names for our businesses with www.godaddy.com (it might be .net, I can\'t remember). Then we spent a very long 3 hours with a web developer (three hours I still want back:mad:) where he told us all about text editing and how to do it. Way too much trouble. Tech people, maybe not all of them, but alot of them are very dry and hard to listen to--maybe that\'s why they play on computers all day and night??? ;)

We did register several names...I\'m mainly Crazy Horse Quilting, but I think I\'m also registered with different variations as well. I believe GoDaddy charges $20 per domain name and has a search capability so you can see if your name is already out there in cyberland.

You can get a copy of Front Page from E-bay--make sure you get a full version and not the student one and a version that can be registered and then just start playing. Not sure, but I don\'t think you even have to know HTML for Front Page, so its pretty user friendly. Of course, I say all this, but is anything on my website...noooooooo.

Sorry, that\'s about all the help I am!! :P

I have a website coming!!! Danemco is designing it and I\'m pretty happy with them so far. It should be up and running in a few weeks time! I am so excited about it, I can hardly wait for it to happen! I\'d rather quilt than have to figure out how to do a website!

It\'ll be www.nadiawilsondesigns.com ...I\'ll be sure to post when it goes "live".

If you want something cheap to start with (3 pages that you can upgrade later to more pages and more features) you might try VistaPrint.com ($4.99 a month hosting fee). And they have everything to help you design it.

Once you choose a design for your business cards you can make your site match it or vice versa. You can also purchase a domain name from them, as well as car sign magnets, stamps, post cards, stationary, everything to match.

And they do have some quilting designs to choose from.

I use startlogic.com It is very reasonable. They just updated their "platform" and have added a ton of new templatesand features. I have not had the time to update my website, but I have been working on it.

It is pretty easy to do, but a bit time consuming. I would rather be quilting. I think danemco is great, but too expensive for me at this point.

I have friend who is very happy with her website through Yahoo.

Good luck!

I use Danemco.net and am VERY happy. It is so nice to know that Dan is related to Bob and Heather of Superior Threads. I know I am dealing with real people and know how and where to reach them when I need to. It is a spendy investment but very user friendly and very reliable. I am tickled pink and green!

I am also a fan of homestead. You can try them free for one month. They will try to sell you programming services but if you can create a couple of web pages using their tools (which are very user friendly), then just tell them you don\'t want those services.

Homestead is very easy to use and has different rates depending on how much you want to do with your website. Start at the lowest rate at first. If you are creating a website just to show off your quilting skills, you don\'t need a lot of pages - just an "About Us", "Contact Us", and maybe a "Gallery", "Services" and one other additional page and you should be set. My customers really like looking at their own quilts on my website in Gallery.

I have just added a more robust store feature to my website, which did cost additional $$$, but the store I originally created originally using paypal buttons wasn\'t savvy enough. I really like the new store feature and decided to create it based on a lot of feedback from this forum.

I also looked at Danemco. They seemed to be very solid and lots of people of happy with their services but I had already invested too much time into my homestead site to change...may think about going with them next year.

Please share your website choice with us when you decide what to do!

Archived