quilt sizes

What are the correct sizes for king, queen, full, twin,baby

quilts.

I charge by the square inch, but I always get what do you charge by the quilt, say a king size???

I have charts on sizes but there all different, so please help me get up to snuff on this.

I will use the sizes I mostly recieve, from all of you.

Thank you all in advance

Wanted you all to know QUILTERS ARE THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.:cool:

Matresses are standard sizes...quilts are not. Some people like more drop on their quilts, so they might make something for a queen size bed that could actually fit a king. I had a quilt come in from ND and it was wider than it was long, I called to make sure that was the way it was supposed to be having never seen one made that way. So no matter what somebody tells you it will fit, just measure it yourself and charge by the square inch.

I don\'t think any of us here...do a quilt by its size alone. We use either square inch, foot or yard for a measurement.

But to answer your question that is tough.....all quilts come in array of sizes as you have already stated.

i.e. Crib sizes 40 x 54, 48 x 60, 51 x 51, 54 x 51

i.e. Twin sizes 67 x 88, 69 x 91, 75 x 87, 71 x 91

i.e. double/queen 87 x 9585 x 94, 84 x 97, 88 x 88

i.e. king size 104 x 104, 95 x 95, 102 x 102, 108 x 96

So you see there really isn\'t a set size for a certain quilt, you could always ball park as to what you want a certain size to be and go from that.

There really isn\'t a black and white answer for your question as far as I can see. You are using a square inch measurement for charging, I would stick with that.

Archived