oh, oh, stitch regulator

ncutt

Darn! And I was doing so well...

Suddenly, my up down stopped picking up my bobbin thread and wrapped the upper thread around the bobbin case and now my stitch regulator won't come on. So I am finishing the quilt on my machine in regular mode.

Any ideas? Hopefully, an easy fix?

Thanks,

If it can be broke, I can do it!

Well, procrastinator that I am, guess I'll have to wait until Tues to call her!

I remembered something she said in her maintenance class, and guess what? The stitch regulator works from the back of the machine! I took apart the handle to see if any wires were loose, but didn't see anything, so I can either practice in manual or get my exercise walking to the back of my machine. Thanks for the support!

Norma:

If it is working from the back and you want to work from the front you can move the mushroom handle to the front. Remember to switch sides and put the mushroom on the correct side of the handle. Left from the back goes on the left when viewed from the front. This will work if the switche in the mushroom is defective.

You might check the molex connector that attatches to the left side of front of the machine. The wires come out of the handle and connect to the machine with this connector. Disconnet the connector and make sure all the pins and sockets are in the proper position.

If I can be of further help call or email me.

Good Luck,

John

Thanks, John. I will try to check that out tonight. I am assuming I have to take off the front cover?

I did fix the problem with not picking up the bobbin thread. I had to adjust the mag collar (?) in the back of the machine. It must have loosened after adjusting it last week.

Archived