Karen McTavish Wins Teacher of the YEAR!!

OK I have to share I took a video to mark this awesome day in history .... but it\'s me.... so of course my camera ran out of batteries just before they said her name..... I am sooooooo sorrrryyyy. Dawn did get pics, but Jessie is not at the show with me so I can\'t post the pictures. I\'m sure Dawn will do it when she returns home after the show:(

Karen, Congratulations!!! Your class, "Mastering the Art of McTavishing" was the very first longarm class I ever took and I\'ve only had 2! It was at the 2006 Houston Quilt Festival. I was just doing research on whether or not this was something I would be able to do physically, and if it would even keep my attention. You stood in front of that class, with your dreads, and black & white canvas hightops, smiled that beautiful smile and started talking and playing on the machine. I was hooked at that moment! Who better to introduce me to the wonderful of longarm quilting? Who better to introduce me to Myrna, and Sherry later on in the APQS booth? I\'m so happy for you! You continue to rock!!

Yyyyaaaaayyyyy Karen. You have worked so hard to get where you are. Now I get to take a class at MQS from the teacher of the year. A whole day. Wow. I am so excited. I cannot wait to meet you. You are always so generous to share on the list. See you soon!

Nancy

I am so glad to hear this, ever since I took her classes at Road to Ca. I wanted her to win. And would you believe it I finally coughed up extra money to purchase her Whitework book last year and now it is being reprinted. I am glad it is coming again so everyone can use it.

Great Job Karen, keep up the wonderful work.

Archived