Karen McTavish Wins Teacher of the YEAR!!

Warm congratulations to Karen..........Sue, let me send you some batteries!!! Sounds just like something I\'d do (OK, just like something I\'ve done many times!!)

This is the best news! What a talented, inspiring and wonderful person to win! Oh, can I add the coolest, most down to earth and humble chick-in-quilting!

Karen, it is so well deserved...I hope you enjoy every moment of it.

Lisa

NW New Jersey

Liberty

Congratulations, Karen. Well deserved award. Let me add my applause to all that you received at the award ceremony.

Sue, I usually forget my camera, but if I remember it, that is something that would happen to me.

We all know how Karen looked anyway. She walked up there, looking a bit sassy, but very humble, thinking she really didn\'t deserve it (that\'s the Minnesotan is her), and graceously received her award with many words of thanks.

A former Minnesotan who wasn\'t there. ;-)

(insert loud head explosion sound here)....

I think the key to teaching is just be totally willing to be yourself and give as much of your passion as possible to your students. Talk about your nightmares, your experiences, and maybe get some dreadlocks....some tattoos.....and join a metal band.:cool:

post--13461899525036_thumb.jpg

Very cool Karen. Love the name. I have to share this with my step son who is also a heavy metal musician. He will love it. He has a recording studio at his home he built a few years ago. Good thing he lives 8000 feet in the air as you can hear them for sure. lol

Amanda might have shared that with you. The name is Dungeon and Dragons I think or something like that. I can never get the name right. lol He has a my space but cannot find the link right now. Oops

Oh yea here is a link to his MY space. WARNING ADULT content. lol Those rockers....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=142015421

Very cool though.

Hugs Grammie

Way to go Karen. Hope I can take a class with you in the future, but until then I just got my book on Whitework Quilting! Hurray. Sue, you go girl, it is the thought that counts, right. You may struggle with the camera but you rock when using your longarm. I am so glad I have gotten to take classes with you at Mowana and also gotten to see some of your awesome work. Janet

Congratulations Karen! Since taking your class my eyes are open to more and more possibilities. In Paducah #1007 is your quilt and I\'m off to see it tomorrow. Hope you have a quilt in the AQS Museum in the near future. You\'re a driving force in the creativeness of whole cloth quilts and should be represented for all of history.

Vicki

Originally posted by hmerrill

Hey Sue you have to get the CL folks to release your butt wiggle video at MQX! Too funny.

O.K. now - THIS sounds FUNNY!!!:D:P

My 7 yr old likes to do the "butt wiggle dance" after her baths - I wonder if they are the same moves!!!;):P;)

OH - and Congrats to Karen - you ARE a great teacher! Lots of fun to listen to and be around - keep it coming & going!!:cool:

OK just so everyone knows.... Karen forgives me for the whole change your batteries LOL and yes I am sure it is the same after the bath butt wiggle move, except for the fact that I was fully dressed LOL It\'s a good thing they don\'t have these live camera\'s in the class rooms although I did get caught rocking to James Blunt while setting up my room one morning by the teachers in the next room..... Dawn C and Pam Clark... thank goodness I was just dancing and not singing out loud !!!:P

Archived