Christmas Block Acknowledgement

DB

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Shannon Kratochvil,

I received your beautiful Christmas block just before I left for the airport for a two week vacation in Germany and Austria. I got home last night and saw your block still on my desk (and not in the bag with my other blocks). I am not sure if I left it there as a reminder to thank you, or if I did thank you and didn't have time to put it away as I was running out the door.

So, if I did not have the time to send you a thank you two weeks ago, please let me thank you now. It is beautiful and I appreciate it very much.

Sandy

I would like to acknowledge receipt of blocks from the below listed individuals: I'm still missing two. Thanks ladies for the wonderful blocks. They will all play together nicely in a spectacular Christmas quilt.

Susan Hughes

Judi Olson

Beth Durand

Jennifer Ward

Sandra Marquis

Kim Pope

Beverly Hogan

Pamela Sperling

Wilma DePriest

Dianne Brodin

• 2 weeks later...

Theresa,

Yes the cardinal block is from me and the bottom one is from Merenie..I have one too it was the latest one I received.

Thanks to Merenie..cute country look and so nice and bright!

Also, thanks to Beverly Vance, I think I might have for gotten you.

I am only missing 2 blocks but I don't know who they are coming from.

Saw on another thread that Mary Jo has been moving for the last 6 wks into a foreclosure home. Previous owners stripped the house of built ins, blinds appliances and kitchen cabinets!! She has the kitchen back to cooking shape and has a room for her sewing machines. I'll look up the thread and post it.

Originally posted by chickenscratch

Has anybody heard from Nancy?

Originally posted by veg-girl

No, I never received a block from her so I have made myself another instead.

No I have not received a block from Nancy, either. That's the only one I'm missing (I have 11 total) so I will make a block myself to fill that space.

I want to get my quilt done ASAP (probably set the blocks this weekend) so that I may enjoy it for this Christmas season!

:o That's like coming in no time! Before you know it... Yikes Christmastime will be here! How did the end of the year creep up on us so quickly??

Any completed tops yet? I have all of my blocks and I think I will try and set them today or tomorrow..... Just wondering if anyone else has finished their top?

Not sure if I will get it quilted before Chirstmas, knowing me I will be quilting "ON" Christmas!!;):D At least my family understands and lets me do what I want to do and what makes me happy. (We don't go to any big family gatherings anymore, it is just our little family and as long as we are together - that is what matters!!)

Originally posted by Judi

We don't go to any big family gatherings anymore, it is just our little family and as long as we are together - that is what matters!!

That's what I do, too. Our Christmas is just us and maybe a friend or two to visit. It's nice and quiet and peaceful (with lots of food and wine with dinner).

I am hoping to get my quilt top put together this week while I'm home on vacation. :)

I have an extra block if anyone needs one. Just let me know and I will drop it in the mail the following day.

I have my blocks sashed and sewn together, but I haven't had the chance to go to the quilt shop and buy fabric for the border. It does look very nice; I really love it so far, and it can only get better when it is finally quilted.

Shana - I like the wine idea, don't drink it often, but sure sounds good!! My husband teases me because when I do buy wine I fill-up my frosty mug and put it in the freezer until it is nice and slushy, that's how I like it - REALLY cold! (and I only get 2 mugs out of a bottle - so it is gone in one night!!;)) But Oh - what a night!!

Anyone else need a block? I would make one up and send it out too - just email me your address. I can't wait to see photos of the finished quilts!

Archived