Christmas Block Acknowledgement

DB

Hi Bev,

Harvey Scott? That is over my way (sorta) There are benifits to working they come every week or two, and fabric depot is having a mailer sale this weekend ( may only be online)

I changed up the milky way so you could do it also we surly won\'t be using the same fabric mine is from 2003.

See you in a few weeks.

Melora

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Melora,

What a surprise to come home from playing with friends to find a larger envelope in the mail. I didn\'t recognise the name on the return address label, but geez, they are only about 4 miles from me! Who the heck? Based on the feel of the envelope, I knew that it was an APQS exchange block, but so surprised to find it was you!

Great block, and thanks for the enclosed picture as well. Is that a quilt that you quilted? Love the basket weave.

Thanks so much,

Beth

Melora,

What a treat to get my Christmas block in the mail today! It is a beautiful. You have been very industrious getting them done. I haven\'t started yet as I have several things on deadline through the month of June. Hopefully, I\'ll get started by the end of June. Thanks again. Janet

Melora

Just wanted to let you know that i got my block today! I also have three now. Have made my sample need to readjust a little and will be getting busy on mine. HOpefully this week will open up a little and will have a chance. Thanks again they are all wonderful so far can\'t wait for the rest.

dawn

Jennifer,

Thanks for the beautiful block! It\'s the first Christmas block I\'ve received. I haven gotten mine started yet. I\'ve been averaging customer 7 quilts per week and have squeezed in making several tops of my own. Busy, busy! Graduations have been killing me! I\'m glad though, not complaining, just frazzled in a good way.

Melora,

I have another (local) exchange I\'m participating in, and I was wondering if you have seen the "milky way" block in a 12". I don\'t have E-Q, because I have a MAC computer.... Let me know if you know of a way to convert it.

Thanks!

I\'d like to be able to do it in a 12" (12 1/2" unfinished) block.... I searched to net to see if I could come up with it on my own to no avail....

Thanks! do you have my address? Your Great!!! I\'m not sure what you mean by classic pieced, but if anyone is, that would be me. LOL So, what would it be if it wasn\'t classic?

HI,

They just sort everything with weird catergories,what I really meant was templets or rotary . I am sending you roatary. Also there is a note with a colored block to explain the difference between the two blocks.

My mail has already come today so it will go out tomorrow

Melora

Man, that was fast! Melora, I got the milkyway instructions today! It\'s only the 30th and you mailed them on the 27th(?)..... WOW! Thanks so much.

The local block exchange I\'m participating in is really kool... you put at least 5 yards of fabric in your bag, (mark your bag with your name, etc.) and it\'s best to have 12 participants.... one person or a "shop" is the place you drop off and pick up bags. You take a bag and make a block for that person... leaving all the scraps, etc. (I like to keep scraps seperate in a plastic bag inside the "bag") then when you are done, you drop that one off, and pick up another... that way each person has made a block for your quilt out of your fabrics! How kool is that!

So, Melora - that\'s what I will use this for ! Thanks so much!

Theresa: take your time, let life happen, you have plenty of time to get your blocks done, but you only have NOW, this moment, to be with your son. I\'m sending positive vibes to you my sweet friend...

Melora, Thank you for the Christmas block. I love it! I was also going to use the Milky Way block from Quilter\'s Cache but have decided to use another block that I also like. I think it\'s called Guiding Star, not from Quilter\'s cache. Isn\'t that a great source for blocks? I used to go to world wide quilting page for block instructions but I think that I have found a new favorite site. Dianne

The friendship block swap had some who signed up and then didn\'t follow through.

SO, I\'m ASKING you to please be sure you are going to participate in this. If not, PLEASE SAY SO NOW. There are several who signed up that haven\'t even posted to this chat since signing up for this. That worries me.

I don\'t want to keep singing the same tune but....I\'m still working on the friendship blocks and I have 6 ready to go in the mail tomorrow. I\'m not flaking out on you guys. I know that you\'re not pointing a finger at me (or at least I hope not). I just want to keep everyone informed so that they know that blocks are coming from me. My life like everyone else\'s keeps getting in the way. It doesn\'t help that for some reason it takes me forever to get one block done.

Anyway, I\'ll quit rambling and just say that I still want to be in the Christmas swap and I intend to send one to everyone on my list, that is if you guys still want me.

Coleen

Sandra - I was wondering the same thing - due date... I think it was something like end of Aug.??

Coleen - Yes - we still want you!! Don\'t be silly!! That\'s one thing I have learned about most quilters - we are NOT "quit-ers" we just don\'t give up!!

I have 2 quilt shops near me and neither one has their new Christmas fabric in yet. What remains from last year was ugly, so no point in buying it. The one shop said they expect a delivery next week, but won\'t be in full swing for about a month. As soon as I can get my fabric, I will start making my blocks.

Sandra, I\'m having the same issue. I went last week to get fabric for the Christmas swap, I found some nice red fabric that I think I\'ll use but couldn\'t find the "right" green. The seasonal fabric out right now is all red, white and blue. Of course I could always peruse my stash, this would be a good thing. Dianne

I think thats what I\'ll do - I have SO much stash!!! I found a bunch of Thimbleberries Reds - greens and golds - all prewashed chunks - but I have NO IDEA what I was going to make with these?!?! I know they were from the Club I was in.... but can\'t find the patterns!

These blocks don\'t all HAVE to have the same fabrics do they? I know we should each make our one "kind" of block, (15 1/2" for 14 diff. people) but these greens are in like 1/3 yard pieces.

Would this be o.k.?

Archived