Christmas Block Acknowledgement

DB

Hi Judi,

I was thinking we are to made 12 blocks - are you sure it is really 14? No matter really, as I haven\'t started yet.

I also have some Thimbleberries fabrics, but not enough to make all of them the same. I forgot the rules, too. Maybe Teresa, or someone else will chime in with the details for us.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay here are the rules:

Everybody will make 12 identical-15 1/2" Chrstmas blocks in reds ,greens, and golds.

You will receive a list of 12 names. You will mail out your blocks to the 12 people on your list. Everybody\'s list will be different, so who you are mailing to is not necessarily who you will be receiving from..

When you receive a block in the mail you come on here and THANK the person who made it for you. (Some people still have a hard time with that part;) )

You may begin to mail your blocks as soon as they are finished , but all of them need to be mailed in time for people to receive them by the first week in September.

Fabrics should be 100% cotton, and probably prewashed since we\'re working with reds and greens (Sorry!!!)

Sandra, 14 was the number for the friendship blocks. Hope this clears up any confusion. Mail between now and August 31st.

I"M DONE

Just finished my blocks today!!!!

Hopefully can get them in the mail tomorrow, if not then friday

be looking for them. I chose the 25 patch star.

Hope you all like them as much as i do. It\'s kinda hard to send them away.

Happy Sewing all

dawn

I won\'t have mine out until July, have to find a place for my DS\'s rehearsal dinner and go to my nephew\'s wedding on the beach mid-July. He & his finacee decided to get married sooner rather than later and I am trying to make a quilt for them before they head northwest to his Army post in Alaska. I got the top cut out last night but have to work on my customer quilts and a shop sample now.

I will be sending my blocks so don\'t worry about me! ;)

An apology to the receipients of my Christmas blocks if it\'s necessary. Where they supposed to be a star design? I\'m in the midst of the "crud" and I think during a Benadryl induced psychosis I either blitzed that they were supposed to be stars, or imagined that they were. Anyway, I sent out my blocks yesterday, and they are "Puss in the Corner" blocks. If they were supposed to be a star, my apologies, as I obviously can\'t follow directions. I\'m more than happy to make a star design if you\'d prefer, just let me know. Meanwhile, I think I\'ll call the doctor on Monday and see if I\'m really sick and need meds, or just a whiner. I feel lousy, and don\'t even want to quilt! I must be sick.

Beth

Hi Sheri,

Glad you posted that because you are one of my receipients!

And now a thankyou to Dawn Lammens who sent a lovely star block. Sorry to be late in responding, I\'m still fighting the crud, and hope to head to the doctor tomorrow. This is getting old.

Thanks much, Beth

Beth, They can be anything you want, I think alot of people are just leaning toward a star type pattern. I have templates for a pattern called "Guiding Star" that I thought looked kind of nice and sounded appropriate, and if I can find it again I might actually get going on these blocks. Dianne

Archived