Newbie Questions

Hi Ladies

I have been lurking on this sight, reading the wonderful information for a couple of weeks now. What a great feeling of "Family" here.:D

I am a new quilter, who started piecing and quilting in Feb 2007 when my DH gave me my first machine (Pfaff #27) Since that time I have completed 5 quilts which I have manged to free motion quilt on my small machine, or travelled to my aunts home (12 hours away) and completed on her Mega Quiter. I know that is not the way to go, and am looking into a longarm machine. I AM ADDICTED!!!:cool:

The nearest dealer to me is 8 hours away, and does not have all the machines. I honestly don\'t know if I want to make a business out of this, but by reading the forums here, bigger is supposed to be better. I was seriously considering the Leni

I have made arrangement to go and meet someone at the end of August to "Test drive" a Millie (she lives 13 hrs to the south of me).

Does anyone out there know of someone in northern British Columbia Canada that has a machine that I could maybe contact? I currently have 6 tops of my own to quilt, and the ladies that do that sort of thing in this area (up to 5 hours any direction) are booking into Sept and Oct now.:(

Any and all suggestions would be grealty appriecited. It really is hard to make a decision, when you are soo far away from being able to Test one Out!

Thanks ladies!

Hi Northern Girl,

Welcome to the wonderful world of quilting! I still consider myself a newbie, so I may not be as helpful as others but here goes. Do try to test the machines before you buy. I purchased a Liberty and love it. I wish it had a bit more quilting space however. I have also given the Freedom and Milli a whirl. Both fabulous machines, but the Liberty was the right choice for me. You can\'t go wrong with an APQS machine. The service is great! Best of luck with your decision. Keep us posted. And welcome to the group.

Carol

Hi. I don\'t live in Northern BC, I live in Kelowna. I\'m not sure how far away it is from you. I know that there is a lady in Vernon BC, her name is Bev Seguna (sp?), she is on the list of APQS reps. She owns a millie. I only have an Ult II, but it is a good starter machine. If you have any questions, you can ask me, though I\'m a new quilter as well (since Oct 2006). It\'s good to have more machines coming into Canada. :)

Hi Northern Girl,

I am a new rep for APQS and I live in Port Hardy on Northern Vancouver Island, I have a Millennium with CQ and a Lenni that are available for "test drives". The ferry from Prince Rupert docks in Port Hardy every other day during the summer months and I believe it is here twice a week right now. I\'d be happy to show you my machines.

I also quilt for others if you are looking for someone to quilt for you right now.

Archived