Tension is great

Hi all

Have finally put a real quilt on. Made some errors in first block so decided to just continue playing, then rip out. Bad move! The tension was so good on both top and bobbin that it\'s going to take ages to rip out!

Am using Rasant cotton wrapped poly on top and Superbob poly in case with Matilda\'s Own poly batting.

Tried the bottom line on top but can\'t get it quite right yet. Still a learning curve there with adjusting tension.

Am planning to post an image when it\'s done.

Judy

Sorry that you have to rip out, but you learn by the mistakes. One of the first lessons that I learned is to stop right away when I\'m not sure of something. It usually means that there will be a ripper in your hands for a time! LOL;) Just make the best of it and turn on the radio and enjoy the music as you frog away!

When I first started quilting a few months ago, I did LOTS of ripping . Now I\'ve got the technique of ripping down and I have my tools of choice. Gosh, those were stressful times!! Wondered what I had got myself into...but it seems that everyone goes through it. Now I\'ve come to the conclusion and I have accepted the fact that there will always be some ripping here and there...it\'s part of the trade. I don\'t want anyone to tell me anything different. Just let me think it\'s normal. Michelle

Archived