CQ & T-shirt quilts

lpotter

I have two t-shirt quilts coming and would like to use my CQ. She wants a simple E2E. Has anyone done a t-shirt quilt using the CQ? Anything I need to be aware of using the CQ or would I be safer doing it freehand?

Thanks for your help,

Lisa Potter

Buzzy Bee Quilting

Hi Lisa,

We used CQ, Deb\'s Swirls (as large as the design would go) and Superior Thread\'s MonoPoly thread - worked like a charm and the quilting was the easiest part. Go to http://www.yeoldeforest.com/Sarah.html and page down and you will see examples of this design and CQ quilting.

You could probably also use a So Fine or Bottom Line on top too but I didn\'t want to see any thread over the T-shirts decals...just the quilting.

:) Pardon me for interrupting, but I\'m still working on a tee-shirt quilt for a lady who needs it for a neice\'s high-school graduation. I purchased the MonoPoly for the quilting and just read where Joanne used that in the quilts she made.... I looked at your website & they look great.. What thread did you use in the bottom?? I will be doing a large meander over it, but this is my first tee-shirt quilt, not sure what to expect...

Once again, sorry to interrupt but I needed this!!!

Thanks, Meemaw Marilyn

Meemaw

- I used Superior Thread\'s Bottom Line in the bobbin and the MonoPoly on top. The Bottom Line matched the back of the quilt and the sashing in the quilt (same fabric was used for the backing and sashing). The smaller quilt was a blue Bottom Line in the bobbin and the "Big" quilt, we used a burgundy Bottom Line in the bobbin.

Bottom Line is such a thin thread that it didn\'t show on top...play with your tension before you start so that your tension is balanced. You may need to really loosen the top tension with the MonoPoly...it tends to be stretchy.

Thank you Joanne and Linda for your ideas. I just finished the first t-shirt quilt and it turned out great. I used Bottomline in the top and bobbin (she wanted a little color) and I had planned all along to use Deb\'s Swirls and so it was a good choice. Thanks again!

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lisa,

Zeke here. I just finished a T-stirt quilt the other day and had no problem at all. The quilt also had laser printed pictures on it as well. The CQ ran like a champ. I know that all the Milli user will have no problem like I did with my Ultimate I. zeke............

Archived