What is the deal with shopping frenzy?

Shopping doesn\'t start until Wednesday at 3 pm. Some vendors offer specials for an hour or so. Like Cheryll said, there are no other events scheduled when the "Frenzy" starts. That is also the first time you will be able to view the quilts at the show. After that initial door opening "Frenzy" then you can shop anytime the vendor mall is open during the show, from Wednesday thru Saturday. Just check the schedule because they close during any of the events. Last year they gave out tickets and gave a way door prizes at the "Frenzy" too.

It\'s kind of fun. Everyone lines up at the door like cattle going into a barn, well, you know...The area outside the doors are packed with everyone wanting to bust through the doors.

I\'ve never been to an MQS Shopping Frenzy but my guess is it\'s the vendor\'s turn to have center stage so they are opening the barn door wide open and let everyone run free with cash & credit cards flying. I can only imagine.... It\'s probably like Dollar Day at KMart only a gazillion times better. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Sounds like fun. Can\'t hardly wait to experience a thousand quilters screaming as they run top speed through the aisles....

:o (Don\'t tell DH but because I don\'t regularly shop at Kmart, I\'ve been stashing cash away special for this fun shopping spree) LOL :P Yeeee Haaaw! Git outa my way cuz here I come!

I am still new and trying to figure out all the wonderful things for the LA machines. What are the shows to go to and take classes at? I hear people mention the MQS show and others that I do not remember. I would really like to be able to do these next year. Can anyone advise what shows I should be looking at? Thanks for your input.

Susan,

I will try to give you some web sites that I know of. other may chime in to give you more info.

MQS is Machine Quilters Showcase put on by Internation Machine Quilters Association, thier web site is www.imqa.org - it is held in Overland Park, KS every year in May.

MQX is Machine Quilters Expo, their web site is http://www.mqxshow.com/. I have never been and don\'t know much about it, but their web site should help.

I\'m not really sure if any others are specifically for longarm machine quilters. But someone will be popping in here to give more information.

Hope this help some.

The Show officially opens on Wednesday and that is why we start with a shopping frenzy. Many of the vendors run specials throughout the 3:00-7:00 pm shopping and show time. There are door prizes throughout, also. Thursday evening at the Tiki Treasures many of the teachers will be there with their new books and techniques so you can also get your books autographed that evening. Linda Taylor is giving a $1000 gift certificate to one of her retreats for some lucky winner at the end of Tiki Treasures. And there will be door prizes and the prize one of you will undoubtedly win for "best Tropical" outfit. This is going to be a fun evening ending with the auction. AND to start out everything on Wednesday, you won\'t want to miss the Quilts of Valor Ceremony at 2:15. I\'m looking forward to meeting you at the show. I know a few people from this chat but haven\'t met some of you. See you soon.

The Frenzy/Vendor Mall is a huge room behind closed doors with the beautiful quilts. On Wednesday when the doors are flung open and the wild quilters run to their favorite vendor for "deals" we will be able to view the quilts too.

To answer your question, the frenzy is just a term used for the mania that will take place. Yes, it is the regular sales floor. The following link is the vendor map showing all vendors at the show and the quilt exhibit floorplan....like I said before...I print this out, highlight the vendors I really, really want to visit, then when the doors are flung open I throw my map in the air and take off...I forget everything I have planned and just go nuts!!:D

http://www.imqa.org/PDFfiles/VendorMap2008.pdf

Hey I just want to pipe in and say I\'M GOING! But I\'m so new I don\'t have a clue what I\'m doing! I\'m also big fat and ugly so I\'m thinking of hiding...well if they have big corners! I just know you are all perfect and beautiful...but I\'m going to be peeking to get a glimpse of you all! Oh I\'m driving so I can take my puppy! Wooot anyone need a ride from Indiana? I\'m really terrified of driving. LOL ANYONE free gas I say! ( my puppy is a 11 month old 80 lb golden) So, If I can pick up anyone please yell. However for real, driving is hard for me so IF I do this alone, I\'m taking a couple days. I can\'t and won\'t drive in the dark. I can certainly ride in the dark.

I hope I get to meet all of you! Are those driving buggies allowed on this shopping spree? I don\'t walk very well very far. So, I\'m renting me a buggy!

Liz

Can\'t make MQS. Wahhh! But did have a great time at MQX. I think it\'s probably a smaller show, but wow! Great access to great teachers (McT, Cavenaugh, Patton, Taylor...). Great quilts. And great shops. Kingsmen, Superior, SewBatik, and all the longarm companies were there. I took 12 classes, angel\'d a 13th, and I was so overloaded!!!

Wouldn\'t have missed it for the world.

Liz, good to know you are coming. Looking forward to meeting you! Who cares how tall short or otherwise we are...we\'re all people and quilters and it\'s all for fun. No worries about what we look like. :)

So, just curious: who\'s gonna puppy-sit that 80 pound chunk of luv while you\'re scooting around at MQS?

Archived