Nymo bobbins

Hi,

It is funny that you should wonder about the Nymo bobbins! I just learned something that I didn't know before! I was quilting with prewound cotton bobbins from Superior when I started to have issues with the cardboard bobbin deteriorating in the bobbin case. Not good. I struggled along attempting fixes, then decided to call the company.

Such nice people....they didn't laugh at me at all....just said to take off the cardboard pieces and use the bobbins without them. Ha! Apparently this is how most people use them. I didn't know that! Here I thought that my prewound bobbins had expired!!!

Now I know.

Linda/9patch

Linda, Don't feel alone on that one, I just learned about taking the cardboard off as well. I was using pre-wound bobinns, but then noticed some MAJOR tension issues. I seemed the tension was changing at random. I would get it fixed, sew for a minute, check, it's fine, check again, and there was too much bottom tension. I loosened the bobbin tension so far that the screw was about to fall out... Finally took the cardboard off beacuse it seemed to be sticking, frogged 4 feathered wreaths and considered it a lesson learned ;)

Leslie, thanks! I admit, I did feel a bit foolish at first. Why didn't I try to take the cardboard off when I saw it was ripping? Oh, well, not thinking out of the box, I guess. The lady at the company made me laugh though. She said, "You go take that cardboard off right now, while I'm on the phone. I want to hear your joy!" People like that are a joy themselves. It wouldn't hurt, though, to put some info on the box, for pity sakes.

Linda/9patch

Archived