Computerized Systems at MQS

Grammie

During the show in Kansas I took a really close look at all the Computerized Systems on the Market and couldn\'t believe the advancements made since I first purchased my CQ. Each System has some remarkable features that come with it.

I was amazed at Statlers New System and IQ and was able to review with CQ owners the upgrade that will be out very soon (hopfully in the next few months). Some really nice Upgrades are out there.

There is much that will happen over the next year also.

Since my beginnings into Computerized Quilting I have learned alot about what to expect from a system. I know what features are important to me as a quilting and I know what I want to achieve with such a system.

The first and foremost that is important is Keeping up with the latest technology and knowing that your system will be on top of it in the future.

I am looking forward to seeing what APQS has developed and once I have all the information I plan to get another system. I am just hanging by a thread waiting so I can make the most informed decision about my next Computerized system.

If you are in the market for such a system do spend some time being educated on the Concepts of computerized Quilting so you can make a wise choice with your hard earned money.

Having trained in Digitizing and having worked with my CQ so much I have learned so much about what I want and can do to what I want to do and cannot do. Did that make sense? lol

Just some advice from Grammie for those of you considering. Not that you asked. Know what questions to ask. Find another computerized quilter who uses such a system and make sure you get your answers.

The future of computerized quilting is very cool. It is endless what we can achieve with some of these systems but really knowing the concepts will highten your creativity. There is so much more to it and not just ETE designs. It\'s endless.

Hugs to you all

Grammie Tammie

Grammie, I agree things are moving fast!!!

I heard:

CQ will have a new hardware upgrade before the end of the year.

IQ will have a new software upgrade soon,

APQS is working on a new computerized system of their own. that should be out there with in the next 6 months.

All these changes in leaps and bounds added another reason I canceled my Millenium upgrade. (I won\'t mention the problems with APQS right now)

I love CQ and am looking forward to the new hardware upgrade, but unfortunately APQS can\'t or won\'t confirm whether the new Millenium will run with the new CQ.

I suspect if you put the new CQ hardware upgrade on a new APQS machine you will void your warranty. And we all know APQS will not be supporting the new CQ since they are coming out with their own system.

I advise anyone who\'s upgrading to wait a few months... you\'re going to see some real changes in computerized systems.

I can\'t wait to see what CQ has in the works.

This is just my 2 cents worth.... now you can all go back to quilting! :-)

Originally posted by lrussel2

CQ will have a new hardware upgrade before the end of the year.

I love CQ and am looking forward to the new hardware upgrade, but unfortunately APQS can\'t or won\'t confirm whether the new Millenium will run with the new CQ.

Thought I would copy my reply here as well...

Irussel2,

With all due respect, how can APQS tell you if the new Millies will work with a new CQ hardware upgrade they have not seen yet?

I\'m not saying for sure that it will or won\'t work... only that I can\'t tell you one way or another because I have NOT seen or even been told what the hardware changes will consist of... and I am one of the CQ installers. We were not informed of the new CQ changes, not this new one or previous ones... which puts us in a very precarious position, to say the least, when asked whether the systems will be compatible. I would suggest that you direct this question to S&D Stitches.

Maybe you were asking for something that APQS simply can\'t confirm ?? I believe that APQS acted very professional in telling you that they were not sure whether the upcoming CQ hardware changes would work or not... even at the cost of losing a sale.

Just my thoughts... not meant to ruffle anyone\'s feathers...

Hi LRussl

I also love CQ and can confirm that the Millennium 2008 model can be fitted with the CQ system as it is at the moment. I have fitted this system on two 2008 Milli heads this month and they are an awesome combo Milli/CQ).

When you said that "APQS can\'t or won\'t confirm whether the new Millennium will run with the new CQ" - I am sure that APQS can\'t confirm this. They (APQS) are now competitors in the computerised quilting industry and, as such, I am sure CQ will not be giving away any secrets about their new hardware or software, so until the new CQ is in marketplace and APQS are able to see it, they can\'t say whether it will work on the 2008 Milli.

You also queried whether the APQS warranty would be voided by adding the new CQ hardware. It is always a good idea to ring APQS before making modifications to any machine to see if they will affect the warranty, they won\'t be able to answer that question though until they know what the new hardware is and how it affects the quilting machine..

You commented that: "And we all know that APQS will not be supporting the new CQ since they are coming out with their own system". I don\'t think anyone would expect APQS, or any other company, to support a system that they did not sell or have not sold. APQS have stressed that anyone who has purchased a CQ through them to date, even if it hasn\'t been delivered yet, will receive the same level of support from APQS.

In short, if you have an APQS machine with needle positioner at the moment you can purchase CQ directly from sd stitches, and you will be entitled to free software upgrades and service from them. If you have already purchased a CQ from APQS you will receive service from them and the software upgrades will be sent to you via email from sd stitches - no change. If you wish to find out more about APQS\' new computerised system, keep tuned to this forum. This is definitely a very exciting time for APQS owners and those considering the purchase of an APQS system.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Hi Sue,

I have a Millenium, Freedom, CQ and IQ.

I\'m just letting people know what I know. APQS will not support the new CQ (which isn\'t out yet). Understandable because like you said, they haven\'t seen it.

I was told by an APQS dealer that if I got IQ installed on my Freedom or Milli it would void the warranty, so I suspect it would be the same with the new CQ or any other computerized system not supported by APQS. But yes, it is a good idea to call APQS and get it in writing.

I wouldn\'t expect APQS to support the NEW CQ hardware upgrade. Never thought or said they should... just merely stating a fact.

All I am saying is with all these new changes, I am waiting til the dust settles... I don\'t want to end up like some others on this list who purchased what they thought was a new product only to find out that they purchased last years model and the new and improved model was just around the corner. No warning and no compensation.

I think this is a good time to just sit back and let all this new technology flow out and when the dust settles... then make an informed decision. That\'s not the only reason I canceled my Milli upgrade... It the lack of delivery (delivery dates that came and went ) and lack of communication with APQS also.

I\'m not looking for an argument... I\'m just stating the facts.

Lrussell

LRussell

What machine do you use with your CQ now? I have a milli (2005) and CQ. No matter what upgrades CQ has it wouldn\'t affect the performance of your computerized quilting but rather improve it. Not sure I am following you. I am guessing that if you buy a NEW APQS machine and CQ is installed on it by CQ or a CQ dealer that it may in fact void the waranty. Is that what your saying? If so maybe that has always been the case. What about those who choose a different computerized system to install on their mahcines? Are we saying that to keep a warranty on a NEW machine we cannot install a system other than that which is supported by the company? I could understand that as long as those customers who have indeed purchased thru an APQS dealer are in a clause of exceptions as they purchased before the change and expectation of dealer support. That\'s cool beans by me.

If so that wouldn\'t stop me. I mean the warranty runs out sooner or later anyway. I would\'nt personally give a flip about that but I can understand what you are saying I think.

Question is what does this mean for Dealers who have sold the system or who are still selling the system with CQ? As an APQS dealer you will no longer be able to promote this product but HEY you OWN it so what does that mean for you? A new system or what? These are just a few quesstions I have had many ask or heard so the curiosity has everyone kinda wondering. Just being honest here.

Be patient lrussel as all will be very clear soon. Enjoy your CQ to the fullest.

Well said Tina. It was clear that no one really knew what was going on at the MQS show. No fault with me. This new system everyone is talking about is just a cloud of dust not only to those of us with APQS machines but to the Company as well as a whole anyway. That\'s just how it seems anyway from the outside in if you know what I mean. Maybe we are all not very good with surprises. lololol

I can\'t wait to see what they have come up with. Be sure that I do know that some very high standards will be expected as I and others know what the competition can do and it raises the expectations of those of us who love computerized systems so get READY. We know what we want the systems to do for sure. lololol

Hugs Grammie Tammie

Hi Grammie Tammie

I hope I\'ve understood your questions - here goes with my answers.

Are we saying that to keep a warranty on a NEW machine we cannot install a system other than that which is supported by the company?

-------------------------the answer to that would depend on the system you want to install and how it would impact on the parts already a part of the system you own. You\'d have to contact APQS and explain what it is you want to do - each situation could be different.

Question is what does this mean for Dealers who have sold the system or who are still selling the system with CQ? As an APQS dealer you will no longer be able to promote this product but HEY you OWN it so what does that mean for you? A new system or what? These are just a few quesstions I have had many ask or heard so the curiosity has everyone kinda wondering. Just being honest here.

---------------------------------------CQ is not now being sold by APQS or anyone acting as an APQS dealer. However, if there is an APQS dealer who is also a dealer for CQ, then they may still be selling CQ, separately. So, if today,you ordered a Millennium and wanted a CQ too, an order would go to APQS for the Millennium and a separate order would be placed by the dealer with sd stitches your contract then for the CQ is between sd stitches and the person you placed the order with.

As far as whether APQS dealers are "allowed" to promote CQ, if you mean can we acknowledge positive features about another system - absolutely YES, this has always been the case and I often hear the "powers that be" at APQS comment that quilters have a good choice with the different systems now available. In fact we are encouraged to give new purchasers as much information as we have about our products and are happy when they investigate the other options to know that they are choosing the best "fit" of machine for their needs. To answer your question about whether APQS dealers will be getting the new system - That would be up to each dealer\'s personal situation and will not be mandated by APQS (going from past experiences).

Hope that answers the questions you raised Tammie, I enjoy reading your posts - I can feel your excitement!

Best wishes

sue in australia

Thanks Sue,

So the question is if a purchaser of CQ is dealing with an APQS dealer and it ASUUMED that they are purchasing their CQ through APQS unless they are told otherwise. The point is the second the CQ is RETRO fitted to the machine thru a CQ DEALER that isn\'t an APQS dealer the warranty is voided I undertand. Doesn\'t a buyer of the SYSTEM deserve to know this right up front if in fact this is the case. I can understand the assumption if the Dealer for APQS is selling CQ that you are indeed purchasing from APQS. It would be not good to know you are doing something to affect a warranty without your customer being aware of it. COMPLETE DISCLOSURE should be expected in my opinion.

Would it not be the Responsibility of the DEALER who is selling the CQ to FULLY DISCLOSE to the buyer the difference between purchasing directly from a CQ dealer and an APQS dealer especially if a warranty is in question or any chance of it being voided. Must we be so sneaky!!!!!!!

MONEY MONEY MONEY. Truely the root of all EVIL.

Thanks for clearing it up. Guess we will all just have to wait and see what happens. I\'m sure it will be just fine. I know I will be just fine. Glad my happiness isn\'t revolved around all this stuff. That\'s for sure. lololol

Hugs Grammie

Hi Tammie

In the post above, you\'ve raised questions about hypothetical situations and asked what if:

the CQ dealers do not disclose information which could affect warranties on the machine and on CQ and, also,

that customers might assume that they are dealing wholly with APQS when in fact part of their contract is with APQS and the other part with SD Stitches.

I\'d answer as follows:

I would imagine, since last week, that if a person was both an APQS dealer and a CQ dealer they would make out two sales invoices one to be sent to APQS and the other to SD Stitches - there should be no misunderstanding then about warranties and no opportunity for the dealer to be accused of not disclosing their situation. The customer also has responsiblity to ask questions relating to their purchase.

You asked. - "Must we be so sneaky".

If a person calls APQS or SD Stitches with their questions they will be given a true account of the situation regarding warranties. I don\'t think either company intends to be sneaky.

You said: "The point is the second the CQ is RETRO fitted to the machine thru a CQ DEALER that isn\'t an APQS dealer the warranty is voided I undertand"

As an APQS dealer, I haven\'t been notified of that - customers should contact APQS to confirm.

Best wishe

Sue in Australia

Hi friends. I just got my upgraded Millie head the day before yesterday. My previous Millie was retro-fitted for CQ last year when I bought it FROM APQS. Tina Collins came and installed it. It was not a voiding of the warantee then, so I can\'t see how it would be now.

This new Millie came CQ-ready. I also talked to Butch Wisely at S&D yesterday when we were plugging in the wiring for CQ and his info was that CQ is not ready to come out with their new major upgrade but will be in the next few months, and that APQS was still selling CQ for now.

I love CQ and I love APQS, although I feel there is a tension about APQS\'s software that will be out eventually.

If there is something better on the horizon, I might consider it, but I feel that with all the $$ invested in what I have and all the CQ patterns I have, it is likely I will stay with what I have.

If the companies become comtetitors, I won\'t be thrilled. but as long as I can work with the products I have effectively, I am not worried about what I DO NOT have.

I expressly asked about the warantee issue when I added Compu-Quilter last year and was told it DID NOT void the warantee.

Does that make sense. Why would APQS sell me a products that voids their warantee when one of the people they contract to do the install is our own Tina Collins?

I am NOT HAPPY about all the strife & tension, but I do love my machine and CQ

Wow

I am lost... I was at MQS this past week where APQS and CQ booths were side by side !!! CQ and APQS have shared a good long working relationship over the past few years and after talking to all parties I believe it will continue for years to come. S&D and APQS talked openly about future plans and working together to support all OUR CQ clients. None of the APQS rep.s have been told to stop selling or supporting CQ\'s. I think we need to all remember that APQS AND CQ are not at war. And at no time now or in the future would either company leave any CQ owner out on there own. Both companies have offered Awesome service and advice over the past years and I am confident that this will continue. If you are looking at adding a computer to your machine and place your order now with APQS you will be supported by APQS in the future, If you purchase your CQ straight from S&D they will support you in the future, either way I feel it\'s a win win great computer and a great longarm ... does it get any better then that??? Where is the rumour of lost warrenty coming from?? It is my understanding that no void of warrenty happens when the CQ is added to our machine heads, Most of our own dealer have the CQ on there APQS machines and never has there been a void of warrenty. I think it is VERY important to remember that no matter who comes out with what, and when it happens, the owners of APQS machines and CQ\'s will always recieve the highest rate of SERVICE and that\'s what it\'s all about, knowing that if you need teq. help or support that we will be there for you as we always have been.

To Sue P. and Lsilver

I never ever said that installing the current CQ would void your warranty... NEVER said that.

What I said was "I was told by an APQS dealer that if I got IQ installed on my Freedom or Milli it would void the warranty, so I suspect it would be the same with the new CQ or any other computerized system not supported by APQS. But yes, it is a good idea to call APQS and get it in writing. I wouldn\'t expect APQS to support the NEW CQ hardware upgrade." The key word here is HARDWARE upgrade.

The CQ HARDWARE upgrade is not available yet, but will be in the next while, and I SUSPECT that it will be out around the same time as the APQS computerized system. Just my prediction.

Grammie:

Love those posted photos you you gals by the way. :-)

I have CQ installed on my Freedom. I love it. I have IQ installed on my Millenium and love that too!

Who knows what machine I\'ll get next... but you know I will investigate them all before I buy.

I have kept both system because what one system lacks, the other can do, and vise versa.

I\'m waiting for the machine that can do it all... I suspect I\'ll be waiting forever.

But I know that in the next few months... I\'ll be shopping!

I love technology!

What\'s better than chocolate??? Sewing and technology together!!

Sorry if my questions implied negativity. It wasn\'t meant to in anyway. I firmly believe that the relationship with APQS and Cq is a good one and believe all customers will be taken care of. I haven\'t had any concerns about that Whatsoever.... APQS service has always been the best in the industry. Let me make that clear from my experience.

I was indeed only raising some of the questions I was hearing from different sources throughout my week at the show and some of the concerns that people are having. Their concern I think are understandable so I just wanted to clear that up.

Didn\'t mean to ruffle feathers ladies. Sue back to the dealers. I think you have implied that it is the customers job to know who they are purchasing from and well maybe that would be true but I disagree in the fact that they(the dealer) do have an ethical responsibility to disclose the difference to the customer. I also understand why a customer would think that they are purchasing CQ thru APQS if they are dealing with an APQS dealer. If it wasn\'t mentioned then I believe it qualifies as deceit even when all the best intentions were there. Afterall if they are going to void their warranty why purchase thru a dealer at all. They could have easily purchased directly thru the company. At least they would have know their options. This is just some of the concerns of others I am hearing. Everything will be fine and I am looking forward to seeing what APQS comes up with for a computerized system.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. It\'s just an open conversation not intended to insult anyone.

Lrussell,

Sounds like you have a wonderful setup. Lucky you. What fun that must be using two systems. I agree that I wouldn\'t want two of the same as like you said what one doesn\'t have the other does so you get the best of both worlds. I have the Ult I and Milli. I think they both do a great job so I don\'t intend to upgrade my machine. The only thing that could happen is I could go with a Gammill rather than IQ even though that system rocked. I was amazed by it. Love it. My reason for considering Gammill is I want the larger throat for Computerized quilting. Still not sure I like the tension on the Gammill but it is still a great system. I\'m putting alot of thought into it that is for sure. I took the 4 hour class on the software and wow is wow. Still some things it doesn\'t do just like the others but really SEXY and cool to work in. I was impressed to say the least. With all that I would never part with my MILLI. When I decide to go hybernate I can assure you my Milli will be there with me in the end. lol

Love my APQS,

Grammie

Originally posted by Sue Patten

Wow

I am lost... I was at MQS this past week where APQS and CQ booths were side by side !!! CQ and APQS have shared a good long working relationship over the past few years and after talking to all parties I believe it will continue for years to come. S&D and APQS talked openly about future plans and working together to support all OUR CQ clients. None of the APQS rep.s have been told to stop selling or supporting CQ\'s. I think we need to all remember that APQS AND CQ are not at war. And at no time now or in the future would either company leave any CQ owner out on there own. Both companies have offered Awesome service and advice over the past years and I am confident that this will continue. If you are looking at adding a computer to your machine and place your order now with APQS you will be supported by APQS in the future, If you purchase your CQ straight from S&D they will support you in the future, either way I feel it\'s a win win great computer and a great longarm ... does it get any better then that??? Where is the rumour of lost warrenty coming from?? It is my understanding that no void of warrenty happens when the CQ is added to our machine heads, Most of our own dealer have the CQ on there APQS machines and never has there been a void of warrenty. I think it is VERY important to remember that no matter who comes out with what, and when it happens, the owners of APQS machines and CQ\'s will always recieve the highest rate of SERVICE and that\'s what it\'s all about, knowing that if you need teq. help or support that we will be there for you as we always have been.

Completely Spot On Sue!!

I can personally confirm that APQS and CQ continue to have an excellent working relationship- and have openly discussed all future plans. I have absolutely no doubts that APQS w/CQ owners will receive the same level of outstanding customer service in the future as they always have from both companies.

I professionally respect S&D owners, their staff, and their product , but MORE IMPORTANTLY, they have been my good personal friends for many many years and will continue to be. Believe me, there is no war (tension, strife, etc.) between the companies what-so-ever...

The longarm industry is a very small world and I think everyone would be surprised to know that the majority of the different companies\' owners are in reality great friends and support each other\'s endeavors to the fullest. It really is like one big happy family... no kidding!:)

Hay Grammie Babe

Went back and re read my post... didn\'t mean to make it sound like there was a difference between buying from APQS or S&D dirrect... ment to have it sound like one was exactly the same as the other and has always been. To say we (APQS) have always bought CQ from S&D so we are one in the same and that it didn\'t matter which one of us you bought from we would continue to service CQ on APQS machines, sorry if it typed out different. I was actually just really confussed as to where the rumours came from and making sure that everyone understood that CQ and APQS are not in conflict with each other. I think that Hiedi has started a new post to let everyone know exactly whats what when it comes to warrenty and service of the APQS heads when they have a computerized system added. I hope everyone can now get excited about all the new up and coming things these computers can help us do..... I really need to get off the horse and cart myself and jump into the new computers and sooooooo..... I think I will LOL

It\'s important to remember in business situations that just because two businesses are competitors that they can & often are "friendly competitors". We find this to be the case in many instances. We have a large (very large ) screenprinting & embroidery business in town that is a friendly competitor to that part of our business. John & I are friends with the owner. He sends the smaller specialized jobs that they don\'t want to deal with to us & we send the jobs that are just much too large or that we don\'t have time for to them. The owner has even gone so far as to say that if we have the occassional large job that we can come in after hours & run out shirts on their automated presses by ourselves. Moral of the story you can be in the same business & still be friendly & help each other out.:D

Archived