Millie's new studio space

Hi everyone. While I was at MQS last week, my new studio space was being finished up here at home. I was supposed to come home from MQS with it ready for Millie to move back in.

Well, it didn\'t happen that way. The contractor had trouble getting the drywall paste to dry so he wasn\'t able to finish it up. Not a big deal. We talked and the plan was to put the texture on the walls and then finish up the woodwork and paint this week.

Again it didn\'t happen that way. The contractor came to the house on Tuesday morning. I have a walk out basement with a pretty steep hill on one side. The contractor was coming down the hill, slipped and fell and broke his ankle. He had surgery this morning to pin it back together. Now it will be at least 3-4 weeks before he can be up and about with a boot on his foot. :o:o

At least the space is done enough to be usable while the contractor heals. So I cleaned things up a little and moved Millie back in today to the partially finished space. She\'s really liking it so far. :D

Here\'s a pic.

post--13461899690148_thumb.jpg

Wow!!!!! That is fantastic. The machine looks so small. You have a great space to be able to spread out and have large cutting tables and a large ironing board. The sliding glass door is great for light and just to watch the world go by. Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte

What an awesome space you will have when its done...so sorry to hear about the contractor. Ouch, pins...I know how that looks and feels...hubby had to have them also.

I love the space and all that light from the slider...will be nice.

Wow Deb! I LOVE IT!

What color are you going to paint down there?

If hubby and I re-build again (yuck)....I want a walk-out so I can have extra daylight, etc. So, needless to say, that\'s why I LOVE YOUR STUDIO AREA!!!!!!

Hope your feeling better too. Shana said you were. I"m so glad! I missed really getting to know you, since you had to head back to the hotel room. **sigh**

Hugs to you!!!!

MB - Order me one of them ironing board covers!! I love em. :D:D

Sheri - I am feeling much better now. It really sucked to be sick the entire week. I didn\'t get to spend much time with anyone and needless to say, most of you probably didn\'t want to be around me that much anyway so that you wouldn\'t get sick. I\'m glad that Shana didn\'t get it.

I just love walkout basements. I would never have a house again without it. I have a southern exposure, so get lots of sunlight down here with the windows and the slider. Above the machine will be some track lighting that I\'m really looking forward to getting.

Debbi

Hey Debbi! I love your big new work space! Looks awesome. And you have lots n lots of wall space to hang those award winning quilts & ribbons (past and future to come). :):):)

I am so sad to hear about your contractor! Ouchieeeee ouchaaa ouch! I feel his pain as I have broken my right foot twice. First was the ankle, second one was the calcaneous (heel) bone...this last break was a doosie and will have me in pain for the rest of my life but that\'s how it goes sometimes. Any time you hurt a joint that is not a good thing. I hope he recovers quickly.

I\'ll betcha if you made him a cute little "Hurry Up Already and Get Well Soon So You Can Finish My #@&%$ Basement!" lap quilt he would love it! :P

Glad you\'re feelin\' better. So far I have escaped any bugs that are flying around!

Have fun in your new space.

Debbi - what a nice large space to put your ironing board in (with the new cover on it of course) oh yea, and your Millie. Can\'t wait to see finished pictures of your studio. Love all those big windows. I\'m so sorry that your contractor fell and broke his ankle. I hope it heals quickly.

Thanks all. The picture was taken from my office area. The space is about a 30X40 ft L-shaped area with tons of room. I still have a lot of stuff in a storage room that you can\'t see in the picture. Once the space is finished, I\'ll move the rest of my stuff back out and get a little more organized. Right now, all of the contractor\'s equipment is in the corner and covered with plastic.

I\'ve had Millie in here shortly after I moved in the house 2 years ago. It\'s nice to have some real walls and a ceiling now. Believe it not my favorite part so far is being able to turn on a light with a switch instead of pulling on a string!! You know how many times I\'ve pulled too hard and broke the string then had to tie it back on?? One of them was getting shorter and shorter to where I had to stretch to reach it!! :P:P

Debbi

Deb,

What a Great space!!

Make sure you get the daylight fluorescents on your ceiling. I can work all day or night and feel the SHINE.

All I need is to get YOUR contractor to finish my area. I have so much stuff in my area that I\'d have to build a new garage to put it all in before I could have the ceilings finished. I left the heat ducts ugly grey/silver when I move my Millie in....I should have put the drop around them like you did.

You also have such high ceilings. Lucky you. Enjoy your space. I can visualize quilts all over the walls.

Deb

Wow, Debbi, you could do ballroom dancing in there. What a great space...carpet, great natural light and lots of room for cutting table, ironing board, batting etc. What quilter would not love that space?

I\'m sorry to hear about your contractor. He has his own insurance, doesn\'t he? Yikes.

My DH slipped on wet grass at the golf course last year ...trimalular fracture of the right leg, 1 break in the fibula, 2 in the tibia, surgery with lots of hardware left in and long recovery time. DH said it was only 2 months but he wasn\'t the one having to drive everywhere, fetch and carry everything, etc. I really think it was more like 3.5 months.

But look on the bright side, the tough stuff is done. You have walls and doors and floors that will be wonderful to work around.

Archived