MQS 2009

Ok, we now know it\'s May 11-16, 2009. But....

Does anyone know the theme for 2009? Someone told me it was "fire & ice" for the quilting theme, but...I could be wrong.

I wasn\'t there for the awards ceremony, maybe they announced it then.

Anyway, for us early leavers, and the ones that weren\'t able to attend this 2008, what info do you all know?

Thanks!

The theme is indeed "Fire & Ice" -- too bad you couldn\'t be there on Friday night, Sheri - it was a blast! Food was scrumptious and the speaker was hilarious! Quite a high bar to set for next year......

OH thanks Barb! I loved seeing your beautiful face there! Hope your going next year too! It was hard for me to leave wed nite, but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do! I already told hubby, I\'m STAYING ALL WEEK in 2009! Hopefully, my son won\'t be getting married then! LOL!

Fire and Ice???? I can\'t wait to see what everyone comes up with for the theme quilts.... Claudia... What will you doooooo, what are you thinking.... Have you started next years quilt already???? Oh do tell, we can\'t wait to see!!! I just keep thinking burning ice cubes LOL I wonder if that would look good in silk??? LOL Oh well we all have a whole year to think about it

Sue that is a tough theme to me. I can see really firey colors and cool colors all in the same quilt maybe but your right what will Claudia come up with?

In fact I would be just as interested in seeing what you might come up with.

Hugs to ya,

Grammie

Claudia had an idea for the border by Saturday afternoon!!

Donna, you go girl. I had an idea....but I think I\'m talking myself out of it...maybe just do a "Bread and Butter" or "Tools of the Trade" - something I can do....I mean..that will be a stretch for me since I have never entered a show before.

Hay Grammie

I do have an idea:P and I am almost finished the paper part of the design. Next week I will put it to fabric and then start stitching it out!!!! Of course there will be no sewing together of little bits of fabric for me, but this one is a little outside my box. It may end up in the camp fire before September LOL :cool: I\'ll keep you posted. I think you should do a quilt and enter it... share your awesome quilting with the world... I know your brain is just ticking with ideas so I will be waiting to see what you come up with... Claudia... will you have your quilt started by the time I arrive for the France show???? I want to see it!!!!;)

I started already....... and I finished yesterday......*loooool*

Noooooo......just teasing;):cool::D!

But my idea is already on a scribble paper;):D:cool:You will see......how it will come out!

I don´t know yet - how to sew,how to quilt, what kind of fabrics - just a lot of inspirations are floating in my head.......!

Sue, you will be probably the first one, who will see something. I will start sewing right after Open House , beginning of june!

Have a great weekend..... a long one for you with a day off?

Claudia

Originally posted by Sue Patten

.. Claudia... will you have your quilt started by the time I arrive for the France show???? I want to see it!!!!;)

Hey - Ho,

I will be in there too, for the France show. Perhaps we can have dinner together and make a tiny tiny small show and tell about that?

As I read the theme I had the idea. Now working on details. And with my ignorance to learn how to construct a quiltop right from the beginning it will be a fight. This for sure. But I do have the colors in my mind, I now need to find the perfect fabric.

But I am not sure whether I will enter the finished piece.... :cool:

CU in France

Andrea

Okay, since Claudia has coerced me into making a quilt for MQS 2009 I\'m all freaked out already :D Do we need to wait for the next copy of On Track to come out to know the catagories for the quilts?? My heart is racing just thinking about it. I can almost feel the roots of my hair standing on end....:P:D

MB, good for you. You can do this. I have proof of your quilting abilities hanging on the wall of my studio. :)

Are you asking about categories or patterns. I\'m pretty sure that the Bread & Butter and Tools of the Trade will be around next year. But the patterns (3) that will be set for the B & B, I have no idea when they will be revealed. In the catalog maybe. Hey, you are closer to ground zero than most of us. Snoop around a little and dig up some info.

Yes Claudia and I send top secret pics of our quilts to each other LOL But only because we are both really bad at keeping secrets, so if we share with each other then we can keep it secret form everyone else... maybe LOL Beside the fact that our quilts are never in the same categories at the shows so we really are not competing against each other oh and let not forget the fact that she can share all her wonderful piecing ideas with me because I don\'t do that LOL :cool: Lets be true though it is always better when the quilt is a total surprise at the show, because we will all spend all year wondering what the quilts will look like and race to preview to be the first to see them.... Heck that\'s half the fun it...;)

OMG! Sue! You have no idea how happy I am to know that there is someone of your caliber out there that does not peice! (that IS what you just said, huh?) I always feel like 1/2 a quilter just because I hate peicing! I can come up with ideas for a quilt top, I\'m great with balance and colors but I have to have my Mother do my peicing because I just cannot stand that part of the process! I think it has something to do with sitting at the sewing machine long enough to do it. I can sooooo get into really detailed quilting, tho, because I enjoy it so much and it forces me to sit still and rest as I should. I go to the LQS and they ask if I\'m interested in classes and they always give me the funniest looks when I tell them I don\'t peice. If they ask me how I do the tops I just tell them I glue them together! :D:D:D

Archived