jinny beyer quilts

Nope, no mono threads on this quilt, its quilted with 100% black cotton...and you won\'t find the stitches even if you had it in your hand...its in the ditch...not next to it....its 87 inches square and it was done on a domestic machine....it was the only way at the time that I could get a quilt done in the ditch 100%...this customer would make me take it out if I wobbled even one or two stitches. Up until last fall I didn\'t have a stitch regulated machine...and my machine wouldn\'t turn down that slow, at the slower speeds the head would vibrate off the table and make a mess.

One of the reasons I jumped for joy when it got first place the first year 2003, all those long hours and aching back paid off, and the second year 2004 it was only on display as the quilter was the featured quilter and it got viewer choice that year, and she took first, second and third with other quilts that I did for her.

It was done on a Brother 1300....which was replaced with the Brother 1500.

I just finished a Jenny Beyer quilt (Mayflower) for a client. She picked it up yesterday. I did SID for the center and and panto in one of the borders, which I won\'t do again because you can\'t see it anyway. In the other two borders she wanted me to follow the pattern design to enhance it. I will try to post pics.

Renae

Renae - BEAUTIFUL QUILT. SID looks perfect.

And Bonnie - your quilt is beautiful too. Can\'t imagion the kind of patience that it would take to work with a woman that was that fussy. If you read my little slogan, you will know that I strive to not be too perfect:D:P:D

Thank you for the compliments........I really was scared to post this because I usually don\'t do Custom work. But I can tell you after spending 3 weeks on this I sure have more ideas of what I could do to enhance or change the look without hurting the quilt design. I guess you could say it got my imagination going.

But thanks girls for the encouragement.....I really needed that!

Renae

Archived