Keeping a pleat down to quilt

lizziesgirl

I have a quilt that the fabulous steam method won\'t work on and I need to take a pleat. My question is how to keep the pleat in place while I quilt it? I am doing a panto and pinning is a pain when working from the back, also the panto doesn\'t always catch all of the pleat. Could I use bonding powder and how would you do that?

Thanks

Use your la to baste the pleat. Use a tack baste method and do it in 1/4" to 1/2" increments. Quilt over it and then the basting is easily removed after the quilting is done. If necessary, you or the customer can then go in and blind stitch it down if the panto does not keep it down enough and it is not the desired look.

Originally posted by Katydids

Use your la to baste the pleat. Use a tack baste method and do it in 1/4" to 1/2" increments. Quilt over it and then the basting is easily removed after the quilting is done. If necessary, you or the customer can then go in and blind stitch it down if the panto does not keep it down enough and it is not the desired look.

Words right out of my mouth....The bonding you that you asked about will only really do the tuck that on the top...you won\'t be able to get the powder into the underside, so I think the best way would be to do the basting.

Thanks it wordked great. This quilt has been a huge PITA. Rainbow thread was acting up finally got that straightened out, needed the batting in the thread guide but had to make sure that the batting was really smooth. This color of Rainbow has been hard to work with, don\'t know why...

Bonnie, I can\'t wait to get your DVD, I am so looking forward to it. Please put me on the list I will send money now if needed. I don\'t want to be left out.

Archived