What I learned from Claudia...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks you guys! I appreciate all the comments.

The batting is Quilters Dream Wool, it\'s the first time using it and I just love it!! It is easy to manipulate and feels really nice to the touch and it says it has a soft drape to it also.

Kathleen - those motifs look wonderful. I did the heart motif in Claudia\'s Extreme Backgrounds class at MQS but mine did not look anything like yours. ;) WOW. Is this your quilt or a customer quilt. It is fabulous.::)

I also love the Dream Wool, it is so soft and fluffy and little to no shrinkage. I love how it gets you warm but also breaths because it is a natural material.

oops I forgot to add that I took two classes with Claudia, Flexible Fillers and Creative Couching, and also Extreme Background Textures! She is a real sweet person, an awesome instructor, and very creative and encouraging to all the students there. I left class feeling very empowered! You have got to take her classes next year!

Well,I\'m off to Krefeld after a weekend in Belgium with friends to do another 4 days with Claudia, 2 lots of feathers, 1 day on rulers and one day drawing with thread, so I shall be away from the computer for 10 days but will hopefully improve on my longarming. I will report back when I return.

Linda, I think we sat on the same row in the back of the room!

This quilt is actually my oldest daughters graduation quilt (she graduated in \'06!) she is my little Korean girl that fell in love with the pattern from Liz Porter called the Wild Irish Rose!! LOL

I had something completely different planned for the open block, but after learning the heart technique I just knew that is what was meant to go there.

May I tell you....that I´m soooooooooooooooo happy that I have had the opportunity to teach you some of my quilting style?!!!!

You can´t believe - I was growing this evening roundabout 4 inches;):D.....no........yes...... I can´t describe my emotions.....and looking at your pictures....Cathy....it makes me sooooo proud (again)!:D The heart looks so beautiful!

I only want to let you know, that I loooove to teach and I want to share my excitement and joy with you!

Have a great day......

Went to bed with a smiling face.......:D

Claudia

That heart is gorgeous! Ok, gotta have a Claudia class. I see the new class catalog fr Houston 2008 is out and I sent off the 3.oo for mine today! Now I want to know who\'s teaching what, need lecture/demo\'s since I don\'t have a machine yet. Guess where my rebate check is going? Part of it for the machine and some for classes! WooHoo!

Archived