Any Ideas for this one

Joy

Would anyone have any ideas how to quilt this and also what color cotton would you use as you have the black and reds rows also in the row the back grounds are white and cream ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http:

post--1346189984753_thumb.jpg

Joy,

Ther eare many options. Is this your quilt or a customer\'s quilt? If it is a customer, are they willing to pay for custom work? Are you comfortable with freehand edge to edge? You could do a panto over the whole thing. You could do the borders, then put a motif in the block between the ladies and SID around the ladies.

As far as thread color. When I have something like this, I take each color that I think would work and "puddle" the thread on the quilt on each color to see which one works. You would be surprised at the colors that do work on a quilt. The picture I posted this week with the rose buds...i didn\'t have rose colored thread, I had peach and pink, but not a dusty rose. I took some toast colors out and one of them worked perfectly. Don\'t be afraid to try everything. For this one, personally I wouldn\'t go with white, because it would be way too stark against the other colors, you might try some shades of gray and see what that looks like.

Hi Mary beth

Not it isn\'t my quilt it is a customer, I will have to ring and ask what they want done and

do they want custome or a pantograph I just look at it and go blank.

So you could do a panto over the whole thing I wasnt sure if you should go over the pictures or not

Hi Joy,

Cute!!

You could perhaps scan some of those Loralie-type ladies, save as jpg and open as a background in Pre-Design. Then you can draw various e2e patterns: like a row of purses, a row of shoes, a row of hats and a combination of course.

Loes

Archived