question about a used A-1 Elite

A friend of mine is going to look at a used A-1 Elite, and she is wondering if $9,500 is a good price for a 2000 model? It has most of the updates, and it includes the

3.1 software but not the latest version. Some goodies come with it, but the books and rulers would be extra.

While I\'m at it...the stitch regulator on the machine quits if you move too slowly, then it has to be set again. Is this normal for an A-1? My Millenium regulator always works, no matter how slow you are quilting.

Thanks in advance,

Deana (a lurker until now)

a newbie with an APQS Millienium

Elaine is an A-1 rep and a really super person. I don\'t have her email but you could get it from A-1. Give her a call...she can probably tell you if it is a good deal and also give you some ideas about the SR.

You might be able to get Elaine\'s number off the A-1 website. A-1 has changed their site and there is more information available there. She lives in Florida (if there is more than one Elaine listed)

Congrats on your new Millie!

Good Luck,

Cheryl

Hi Deana.

No that is not normal for the S/R . Something is definitely wrong.

I don\'t know about the price of a 2000 model. When I purchaced mine in 2006 I paid about 19,000. It has all of the goody available. S/R, cruse, ect. It also has auto advance and auto lift. As most of you know I am in a wheel chair now, and these things are vital to me. It is the perfect machine for me, very smooth and easy to operate. I do not have CQ.

Many quilters have the A-1. Jamie Wallen , Pam Clark, Lynn Douglas, Brenda Janovy, Renea Hadden, Carol Selepec, Nichole Webb, to name a few. Most are dealers. So you should have no problems getting your questions answered. Elaine Gilmore\'s number is \'\'717 799 7731 and she lives in PalmCoast . FL.

If you go to 1800longarm.com and click on dealers it will bring up

a US Map. Click on the state you are in and it will bring up the info on the dealers.

I hope this helps helps you.

Congratulations on your new APQS Millienium . Happy Days are Here for You. :)

Carolj.

I don\'t know that the SR stopping is WRONG at all. My Proto did that. It times out when you stop moving. You could set a delay for up to 9 seconds, which was a pain when you wanted it to stop though.

The fact that my Freedom\'s SR DOESN\'T time out is one of the things I love about it, but I do know that is NOT a feature ALL machine brands have.

I think Cheryl gave you great advice, to find an A1 Dealer. Also there is a new A1 forum/email group, I just don\'t know where. Sorry.

Archived