Good morning

Georgene, Sounds like we need to meet. I don\'t have another job so I\'m usually free. My son is attending summer camp...so I\'m usually free 9am - 2pm during the week. We could meet for lunch or brunch or coffee or tea or whatever!! How is your schedule??

I wonder if Susanne has military ties. NATO is here. My DH\'s last assignment was with NATO so I was amazed at how many different countries were represented here. Nice experience and lots of fun people.

I\'m retired too. Retired after working as an Army civilian at Fort Monroe for 32 years.

As for my schedule, Tue & Thur are my quilting studio days......along with any other time I can steal away.

If you wanted to make a trek to Poquoson one Tuesday, we could have brunch right here.

I got my machine a little over a year ago.....learned a lot, but still learning.

Hello Everyone,

I wish everyone a Good Morning, on this Monday, 30 June.......... the end of our Financial Year and a pain for us in the Banking World, as everything will be either Urgent, URGENT!! or VERY URGENT!!!!!.

It is a small world, isn\'t it Julie. We were in Hampton in 1995/96. My husband was the Australian Liaison Officer at TRADOC in Fort Monroe. We absolutely loved our time there. We were supposed to have three years in the US but our Army recalled us after two.............I still haven\'t forgiven them for that!!! We are still friends with the owners of our lovely home in Old Meribeth Road Hampton, 4.1 acres on the Water. (Trudy once said, that when she told people were they lived, they were always reminded that it Susanne\'s home!) We have every intention of visiting/returning in the next few years. This will be a problem for my husband, as I now have so many APQS friends to catch up with, who I am sure, will let me know about the best Quilt stores in their localities!! :D:)

Whilst in Hampton, I decided to do a Beginners Quilting course at the Old Candle Factory in Williamsburg. If Geoff could play with his Defence Force buddies all over the country, then I could indulge in my passion of fabric. After all, fair is fair, isn\'t it?!!

Since I had been sewing and needle crafting for years, I decided to do some more challenging blocks then the ones in the beginners class. (We Australians just love to "Buck the System!!:P) The poor lady who ran the instruction then had another 7 ladies, who wanted to do the same blocks I was doing and had to re-arrange her classes.

We had the opportunity to do lots of travel and I think we put our babysitter through College, with the amount of work I rpovided for her!! :D but it was worth every cent. Both Geoff and I like learning "how the other half lives". And we are avid Civil War Battle site visitors. We also had the chance to visit places like Mesa Verde and the like to learn more about the Native American Indian Cultures. I love my own (adopted) country but you have older and very intersting histories to discover and indulge in as well.

Gosh Suzanne, your husband and I might have crossed paths while at Fort Monroe. I also worked for TRADOC -- in the Congressional Activities Office.

If one had to work, Fort Monroe is a very beautiful place. I loved walking the seawall.....so peaceful.

I, too, go to my laptop first thing in the morning. I call it my newspaper. Coffee or tea or kefir water, or just plain water, no matter. I skim a lot of the Today's Posts. It makes me feel so motherly--checking in on all my children and making sure no one is having problems and that when problems arise, they are taken care of.

You guys are the greatest bunch of quilters I know. You should earn a blue ribbon for such a forum as the one you have here. My kudos to APQS and the moderator, and all the participants.

Thank you for such a good read.

Bonnie R.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2486987750100404369EYHXdQ

Latest project in progress--a sample before doing the real quilt

2486987750100404369S425x425Q85.jpg

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

It's 8:00 AM Saturday morning here now and I just woke up... I've got me a nice strong pot of coffee brewing. I'm the one-cuppa type, but my cuppa is a REALLY BIG CUPPA!!! :P Soon I'll be off to quilt in my room to play.

Happy Quilting! Happy Saturday! :)

Shana,

You always say the nicest things about everyone. You've got to be a treasure to everyone who meets you. You are to me and I only know you from the chat.:)

Originally posted by jmcclannan

Sheri, you're in Lincoln and I'm in Bellevue. We should meet halfway sometime (except I guess there is nothing half way between Lincoln and Bellevue :o)

Some how I think if you two girls met in the middle, surely it would be something! :) Maybe there is nothing half way, but heck... why not put another mark on the map! Nebraska has room for another mark onthe map. I met Sheri at MQS and the Butla Sista could definitely put a mark on anything! (she left a mark on me--right in my heart. ahhh!) :D You two should do it!!

Hi all,

I was so caught up in reading and sending Shana a warm fuzzy that I forgot to say "Good Morning". I've had my coffee and done some little chores. The big one is waiting....#@% mess just won't clean itself up!:mad: Can't blame anyone but me tho and I can't work in there (my sewing rm) so off I go.

Catch ya all later.

You gals from Omaha....my DDL... lived there too while her dad was stationed at the AF base. She loved it there but I guess anywhere would have been an improvement over Guam!

Good morning to all,

This is a great place to meet and chat and look into whats going on in longarming world and friends (always a pleasure to visit here). I always check in 8 ish in the morning. Someday I will be meeting some of you, until then I have to build up this business so I will have plenty of mullah to spend. I want to make a go of this so I asked DH if he could be patient with me and give me a year (or so please) cause I dont want to go back to the office.

Corey

Good morning to all of you - Actually it is noon here. I've had my 2 cups of coffee, 1 large glass of water w/lemon wedge and now I'm ready to get going on the 1920's quilt. I've had a change of plan on how to quilt it and will post pics when I get done. I hope that everyone is haveing a great day doing what we all love, quilting (or whatever else comes up that is a gotta do thing)

Michelle,

I'm not prejudiced....it quilts doesn't it. I'd be anxious to learn about tools that are available for your machine.

My schedule looks good for the next 2 weeks. My email is georgene@cox.net -- send me a note.

I can send you my address and/or directions.

Connie,

Georgene and I have been talking about you...LOL...all good. I was going to drive up to meet Georgene next week if our schedules work out. I was going during the day but I would LOVE to get together with other longarmers in the area (as you know, we have quite a few here).

I was at your Stitch N Stuff last night and we were talking about you again!! I was asking them if you (BOw Tucks instructor) were a longarmer too. Do you teach Bow Tucks' classes there?? If you're the same Connie, they said you had been a little "under the weather". From what I hear, you are quite a busy lady!! I hope all is well.

We'll have to make a plan to meet sometime. Maybe breakfast or brunch one weekend as it sounds lie your week days are busy.

Take care Michelle

This is crazy! From what I understand, we live just a few miles away from each other. Some day we'll meet.

Michelle,

I'm the same Connie. Please email me at quiltAPQSva@aol.com or sewsweetgator@aol.com, we can chat. We really should start a LA guild in our area, I just don't have time to organize one (but would fully participate).

Archived