New Template

Mary Beth

This was on their website about a week ago and I can\'t wait to order mine. But, we just had two graduations and a son who just bought a house (had to help some) so I have to wait. :( I like just the circles also. You could do something like a fancy meander (vine type) if you just used the wavy line. I just see a lot of ways to use this template. Sandra, let us know how you like it.

I think I have ordered one too :D

I found it on the Machine Quilters Resource web site....I forget Circle Lord is not just "ours"!!:) Anyway, I couldn\'t believe my eyes! A new template and we were not the first to know about it!! :P I need to start going to the Circle Lord web site more often and just shop to make sure I\'m not missing any thing :D

I was trying to tell myself that I didn\'t "NEED" this template because I am retiring in a year and a half. I of course will be doing my own quilts (finally) at that time but, do I really need this????? Well, the answer is YES. Circle Lord seems to be my chocolate. It should be arriving here today. I already called my local quilt shop and requested a quilt to do this on. I love the fact they let me try out new things on their quilts. Mary Beth and Sharon have you used yours yet?????

Watch out Jim - When you find out how much easier the CL makes your job you\'ll get addicted also. I am already getting my pantos ready to sell but my CL is moving with me. I just find I have more fun when using it.

If you haven\'t had the opportunity to play with one, see if someone near you has one and give it a try. My husband who vowed never to use it does the clamshell, zig- zag and swirls all the time and he doesn\'t even have a stitch regulator.

Got my new template Friday night and was waiting to use it on a quilt the LQS is giving me to play on, when I remembered I have a latte quilt to do a custom job on. I have already finished one for this lady and she had a large 12" border on the last one, and told me this one was just the same but is a king size instead. I got up this morning all happy that I would use the new template on the wide border. I had this all planned in my head with some extra stuff in the circle areas. I pulled out the quilt and dang it!!! the border is only 5 inches.:mad: It\'s sorta like Christmas and you get ice skates and there is no ice or snow. :(:(

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I just got my 7 Treasures of Budda a couple of weeks ago and already I have scheduled my 4th quilt with that pattern. I haven't even really advertised the template yet. I did do a shop quilt with that pattern and took it back to the shop already. It will be interesting to see how it goes over. But while using the template on a quilt I had on the machine, a couple of customers came to drop off quilts and fell in love with it. We don't get many walk-ins here so I wonder what will happen after I add the pictures to the books in the quilt shops. This one seems to be more popular than I thought it would. :D:D:D This one is a keeper.

Mary Beth,

I got my "7 Treasures of Buddha " about a week ago but haven't had a chance to try it out as yet.

I have some sashing to add to a quilt and thought I may try it out on that quilt. I can see several different ways a person can use the templates..:)

Jean

Mille

since I posted my "hep" topic under pictures, I took out the next quilt to work on. It is an autograph quilt and I had thought I would stitch around the block with the writing, but it is too big to leave unquilted. So I am eyeing this template. And yes, there are many different designs to be done...I think I will get started.

I had a thought on this pattern. What if you did a plain fabric quilt for a wedding or some kind of party. Quilt the quilt E2E with the 7 Treasures pattern and use the center diamond to put a last name and the 4 melon spaces around it could be for family first names. Use the template design as a signature quilt. I'm attaching a picture of the quilt I did but just pretend it was muslin or something plain. You could also use the center diamond area for messages etc.

Archived