"Heavy Metal"wall hanging-FINISHED!

Ah come on Ladies

Im just doing what I love (thank God) and loving what I do! The rest is easy and you guys make it fun!!

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Originally posted by xxooms

Sherry,

You are setting the standard higher and higher. Simply fab, dahling...We haven\'t seen the likes of this in the quilting world before. You will indeed turn the last of the holdouts (naysayers who say quilting isn\'t art) into converts, and they will be bowing to you!

Marlene in Tahoe

Marlene, the extremely cool part of this is 1) not only is she setting the bar higher, she is 2) also happy to be one of the ladder rungs of success for all of us to climb upon. Isn\'t that wonderful?

Thank you Sherry, for being a beautiful quilter and being beautiful in the soul, too. :) We are all fortunate.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claudia!! Good to hear from you, thank you very much! Perhaps I will see you in Houston this year? I have plans in place already to enjoy the show.

Nancy- I didnt really do this as a show piece, it is a sample to be released as a pattern with instructions for doing the Ink-lique. I do have another show quilt in process though and the catagories change show to show. Tribal Fusion won in the wall quilt- non tradition in Padudah and won in Innovative Wholecloth in MQS

Qwltnldy & Nancy

I think Luke and Laura are grandparents now and living happilly ever after somewhere in Peyton Place!:P

Sheila!

No, please resend!! It must be lost in space somewhere!!!

Tracing=4.0 hours

Quilting= 10 hours

Ink-lique= Priceless!

The picture really does not do this piece justice. I will try to find an angle to photograph that will show off the glimmer and glitz this piece has in reality.

I will have this pattern and the Ink-lique instructions available on my website very soon which will include several ideas for finishing. Start thinking of your custom colors now!

post--13461899889376_thumb.jpg

{quote]Originally posted by SherryRogers

I sooooo understand Kenna!! I can piece but its not a real passion for me. I an really into detail work so this fits my personality to a tee!!

Originally posted by kennan100

Sherry, lovin this! I think this is something I would be interested in doing.....since I don\'t piece that is!

Sherry, I really dont know how you have time to do what you do, I think I have as many hours in the day as you do & somehow you manage to create the most stunning quilts! ;)

That & walking into Miss Sherry\'s home is like walking into Martha Steward house!:P That\'s her "other" passion!

Missing you~ Linda Lou

Very - Very cool!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us and the great photos too!!:)

Might be a silly questions but: How are you going to finish off the edges of this piece? Is there more quilting to go.... does it get bigger.....

I see those black lines coming out past the flower in the corner and wonder, so I have to ask.... How???

I always look forward to seeing your work. It is always amazing and beautiful. As said before, each piece is more beautiful than the last and makes us look forward to the next.

I personally can\'t wait for your next book and to see your next show quilt!

Judy in MO

Hi Judi

It\'s not a silly question at all! I left it as is for 3 reasons. #1- I might like it that way (wink) #2-I wanted to show that it was inked on plain ol boring beige fabric. #3 (the real reason)- I intend on providing several finishing choices including what it will look like in multiples for a larger piece in the pattern pack.

The black lines are just an extension of the artwork. No reason, just artistic freedom as they say in the biz! LOL

Originally posted by Judi

Very - Very cool!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us and the great photos too!!:)

Might be a silly questions but: How are you going to finish off the edges of this piece? Is there more quilting to go.... does it get bigger.....

I see those black lines coming out past the flower in the corner and wonder, so I have to ask.... How???

Wow, thank you Melora!! I am really happy to know that!

Enjoy the process, I sure do!

Originally posted by Melora

Amazing, When I first got my machine you had a pic up of your work and Ithenfound the direction I wanted to go. I love you work. I would also be interested in a book with your techniques.

Melora

FANTASTIC!!!! Unbelievable, WOW! I agree with everyone else, when is your book coming out on this technique. I want to try this. So many projects, the housework will get put on hold again, or would that be still.

This is just beautiful Sherry, You are an inspiration to all

Kerry

Archived