Tornado Pic

Last night we had a tornado Northeast of Lincoln about 45 miles and you don\'t often see a tornado and lightening at the same time...........boy I hope this works. I\' not sure how to get it from my pictures to here.....lol. Senior moment, I guess.

Renae

A GREAT PICTURE, Oh sugar...I\'m so glad that I\'m not in a place where these happen...I will ride an earth quake or a flood...way before I would sign up for this. Gene has promised me he will never put in Tornado Alley. When my daughter lived in Lincoln about 12 years ago...I was scared silly most of the time.

We are safe but I was also thinking of Sheri Butler and Julie McClannan ......SB is in Lincoln and JM is in Omaha......They were actually closer to it then I was. I live 2 hrs. north of Omaha, in the Northeast corner of Neb. about 50 miles south of South Dakota. But when people talk about earthquakes and huricanes I feel thankful I just have to put up with tornadoes. But I do honestly believe it is all in what and where you grow up and are conditioned to lived with, so to speak. I\'m used to it and I\'m NOT used to anything else.....if that makes any sense.

It is all scary I don\'t care how you look at it and I feel for anyone that gets caught in any of it. Floods the same way.

But this picture I thought was just awesome!!

You all take care..........and have a great quilting day, Renae

Awesome picture. I will take a tornado or a hurricane over an earthquake any day. I have lived in all three areas... 20 miles north of San Francisco, Iowa and Virginia. At least you know that a tornado or a hurricane might be head your way...usually the sirens are ahead of the tornados and you know when conditions are ripe for them. Earthquakes there are no warnings. Not that any of these three are any less scary. I had one touch done a mile from me when I lived in Des Moines. Scary to say the least, but so was the earthquake when it caught me sitting on toilet:D:o (not quite the place to be:))in my 2nd floor apartment 27 years ago.

Cheryl

Positive it was an earthquake:D, but a very good question:). My DH was working in SF at the time and he said the building was swaying 5 - 10 ft in both directions. He was up on the 26th floor...yikes! The water rattled in the pipes and the water bed was sloshing. Definitely not mexican food:P

Cheryl

Im ok! Thanks Renea! We did see some awsome lightening shows last nite tho! And to boot, we are in for more this evening. Is this ever going to end for us???????

Last week, we were in the basement for 4 hours with the sirens going off. Sheeesh, I dont know when we\'ve had weather this bad.

We\'re expecting 3-4" hail possible tonite, with damaging winds. I\'m so sick of it. I want SUMMER to be here!!!!!!

Renea....AWSOME picture of that tornado and lightening tho!!!!

( in german sounds like like this: hollllla uiarrrrrrrrrr;).......never seen a tornado picture like this.......Speechless I´m staring onto this picture!

Please take care of you.........and in the Mississipi aera , too!

Even here in the german televion one of the main themes is the flood there.......

My thoughts are with you.......

Claudia

Renae that picture is just unbelievable! Wow the tornado is so defined and that lightening is just ...I don\'t know...wow! What a great picture and one that should be framed!

I\'ll pray you all make it through the storms and I\'m thankful all we\'re getting is lots of rain and a little thunder...nothing even close to that!

My friend was in Macy\'s trying on bras when the San Francisco quake hit 20+yrs ago!!Ithink I would rather be on the toilet...well maybe not!!LOL Some say there is no warning for a quake but I felt dizzy & sick to my stomache about 5 minutes before it hit!! I tried soooo hard to get tickets for the SF Giants but I coul\'nt so my boss let me have the afternoon off to watch it on t.v. I remember the San Francisco channels went off the air before We felt it in Concord!!! All weather and natural disasters are terrifiing no mater where we live!!! Just makes me take a deep breath and count my blessings!!!!

Sewhappy

Archived