Just ordered my Leni

Congratulations Maree.

Now\'s a good time to sew those odd blocks together so you\'ve got plenty of tops to practice on. You might also want to collect some cheap plain muslin.

Plain fabric is great, especially when you\'re experimenting with what threads to use and how to adjust the tension - much easier to see any pokies.

Also, my daughter suggested that I put the spare TV AND DVD player near my machine. That way I could watch the instructional DVD whilst going over the machine at the same time!

Judy, near sunny Canberra

Maree

Welcome to the Lenni forum.

You will so enjoy your new machine. Good advice, get plenty of practice fabric and batting. You will use so much more than you think. I totally underestimated.

I bought a 17" flat screen TV with an integrated DVD in the sale so it doesn\'t take up any valuable space and its great for playing instructional DVD\'s.

There are many gadgets on the market and you will gradually decide which ones are for you. Of anything that I bought the most useful and I wouldn\'t do without is my Towa gauge. Lots of people manage their bobbin tension perfectly well using the drop method, but it never worked for me. Using my Towa, I keep a note of the tension measurement of every thread I use in the bobbin with whatever thread is running on the top. As a result I have never had any major tension issues that were not easily resolved. Just my experience.

Hope you\'ll be united with your Lenni very soon ;)

Hi Maree

Congratulations!! You will have so much fun. Not sure what the wait time is at the moment but you can certainly have fun piecing while you are waiting.

I think Spotlight and Lincraft both have sales at the moment but I\'m not going anywhere near them, my husband thinks I have plenty of fabric here. He was moving it all last weekend and said, "there\'s quite a lot of fabric here , I thought quilting fabric was expensive!" I told him I\'m a good bargain shopper and I think he believed me!

Have fun piecing.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Hi Debbie, Are you going to the fair Friday. Give me a call at the fair and hopefully we can meet. I sent you an email last week with the workshops I am doing. Really looking forward to see Lennie in person. I tok your advise and ordered the castors with it.

WTG and Congrats Maree.. sorry so slow, been out of commission.. I just know you will love your Lenni when he/she/it arrives.... still enjoying my Penny, as long as we talk the same language. lol

Have lots of muslin, batting and ideas on hand to ppppppppppppp and then you will find it a lot easier than trying to jump right into the middle..

Lotsa Luck.

RitaR

Archived