Sign in to follow this  
quiltermidwife

Edgerider Wheels

You may remember I agreed to be the guinea pig and trial the edgerider wheels on my Lenni.

After some minor adjustments via email we got them running. I am now expert at taking off and putting on wheels, bolts, nuts and washers including sizes!!

Honestly they are sooooo smooth, like running on ice. The difference is remarkable. I\'m so glad to have them.

Hi Chris

Good to hear you\'ve got the edgeriders on and they are like running on ice! I\'ve been saving my pennies for them.

Do you know when they\'ll be available and where I can buy them from?

Regards, Judy

I just went to the edgerider website and it doesn\'t mention that the wheels fit the Lenni, and there is no price listed. ??

I was doing free hand hearts last night - using the factory installed wheels - and I definitely noticed a \'catch\' and a \'hitch\' when going in certain directions. Not totally smooth. I know I need more practice (don\'t most of us? or at least that\'s the excuse we use to get back on the machine :cool: )

But seeing this topic makes me think it is only PARTLY my muscle ability causing those lopsided hearts.

The Running Stitcher ~ Donna

Donna

There is a note on the Edgerider site to say that we have to purchase them through a retailer - they are no longer selling direct. I\'m going to try Kings Men, who are listed. I\'m not certain, but the wheels may be the same ones that fit the Ultimate II machines. I have yet to investigate that.

As for running smoothly it is hard to know what is due to inexperience/technique (or lack of it), and what is due to tracks and wheels.

From my point of view, I buy tools that will help me achieve the quilts I want.

I look on the edgeriders as another tool in achieving the quilts of my dreams!

Happy quilting,

Judy

Thanks for posting that, Chris... do you fancy a trip to Scotland to show me how to put them on? My shoulders are killing me after all the micro quilting I've been doing on a KING sized quilt!

LINZI x

7A774332713D834EE7DD0C4A611AD48F.png

LINZI in Scotland x

APQS Sales Rep and Educator for the UK

Linzi's website is

www.thequiltquine.com

see more pics!...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewlinzi/

Linzi

I replied to this thread days ago but I've just noticed it's not here so must have disappeared into the ether!

Anyway, I was saying that I do in fact travel up to Scotland sometimes as my husband has an office in Glasgow. My guess is you are way away from there.

The wheels are actually quite easy to install but it sounds as if what you really need is a good massage. :D

:cool:

Hi Chris!

We are about 3 hours further on from Glasgow but when the retreat is built you can just take a detour!

Almost half way on the quilt - had a day off to collect a treadle machine for fun!:cool:

LINZI x

7A774332713D834EE7DD0C4A611AD48F.png

LINZI in Scotland x

APQS Sales Rep and Educator for the UK

Linzi's website is

www.thequiltquine.com

see more pics!...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewlinzi/