Chapman NE's tornado

That is horrific!! How much damage did that one do?? I believe we have had our share of tornado\'s this year and they are telling us we aren\'t done YET!!!!! Not till some time in July. I sure wish it was over now and things would quiet down for a while.....my migrains are just horrible and I have been getting them soooooooo often. They sure interfer with my quilting, because some times they last 3 to 5 days and I am in bed the whole time. Boy, do I hate that:(:(:(.

You take care and be careful.

Renae

Originally posted by Renae.....my migrains are just horrible and I have been getting them soooooooo often. They sure interfer with my quilting, because some times they last 3 to 5 days and I am in bed the whole time. Boy, do I hate that:(:(:( Renae

Renae, I am sorry about your migranes. I don\'t get migranes and I don\'t know much about what causes them, but wish I knew of something that might help prevent them from happening (is it stress-related or the onset of stress that could cause it?) Anyway take care and Bless you, sweet heart. --Shana

That tornado picture is frightening but beautiful at the same time. Tornadoes and floods in the midwest, hurricanes in the south and I live in the California fire area and the sky is orange these days. We also had a couple small earthquakes recently.

Renae, how awful. I get migraines when low pressure comes through and it sounds like you have pressure migraines too. (Is it because we are all Earth Mothers and so connected to mother earth?)

The pictures I\'ve seen lately posted on this chat about the tornadoes scare the bejeebers out of me...I *dislike* thunderstorms too...I admire that you folks live in areas such as these......not me...I live on the West Coast of BC and we have pretty mild weather here....however, now that I think if it I do live on the San Andreas fault line.......

Hi Sheri,

That same picture has been making the rounds on the \'net. The first time I saw it they said it was the one that hit the boy scout camp where several boys died. There is an ongoing debate on one of the weather forums as to whether it\'s a "photo shopped" pic. Apparently the reflection of the sun off the building and other things lead the "experts" to believe it\'s a composite picture. Still, the tornado itself is very real and scary!

If you want to see lots of tornado videos just go to youtube.com and type in "tornado". The worst one I watched hit Manitoba last summer. You could see a cow flying through the air!

That would terrify me to death. Yeah lots of the pics can be found on Net.

Bless those who are harmed by all the flooding. I watched the news last night for the first time in a while and it is Heart breaking what they have suffered. They expressed such courage in the face of disaster.

My prayers are with them as I\'m sure all of yours are.

Hugs,

Grammie Tammie

It came from a friend of mine from outwest. That is where Chapman is. I hadn\'t noticed or thought anything irregular about it, since it came from a friend. Hummmmm. Who knows. Guess anything\'s possible these days. But...not from my end! I just thought i\'d share it.

FYI- The Mason City Iowa news ran a story on that photo last night. Their investigation tells it was taken by a woman in Osage Iowa two weeks ago. It is not of a tornado it is two other weather phenomena. The woman sent the photo to the TV station as they ask for weather photos to be shown during weather report. She has a number of other similar photos on her camera (not on her computer) to show it was her and to help show authenticity. People in the area remember this weird cloud formation from a few weeks before.

Thanks Shana, most of them are pressure related from the weather but they are also triggered from stress, sinuses, and food or the combination thereof.........and then I am in trouble.

Yes, Laura, most of the time they are triggered from this up and down weather pressure.

Renae

Just a thought on the pictures. There are many web sites out there that tell you if some of the messages/pictures you get via email are true or not. One of my favorites is www.snopes.com. When you get something, go there and just type in the search whatever heading came with the picture/message. Usually you will find it there and they have researched it to see if it is true or not and they will tell you the origin, etc.

Sometimes the internet is like that telephone game we played as kids....the story grows as it goes!!;)

Archived