10 foot table & no trusses help!!!!!!!!!!!

meg_marsh

I received my Millie this week and DH and I started to put everything together today (Saturday)...but....

NO TRUSSES OR TRUSS STRAPS!!! Does anyone else have a Millie with a 10' table and if so, do you have the trusses or not. It seems to me that they would be necessary for any length table.

If we don't need them, then we could go ahead and finish, but as it is I don't want to touch a thing.

Thanks,

Meg

Barb,

First, thanks for all your support on the phone. I have sent a note to Ernie (Bayside Quilting) to see what he has to say. Since he is on a short vacation, do not know whether he will answer.

One big question - how difficult is it to take everything apart and put it back together which would have to be done to get down to the trusses if in the end the trusses are necessary. I am also installing the hydraulic system. I really hate to have to take everything apart......:(

Again, thanks,

Meg

Peg,

Keep reading - will keep you up with whatever info I get. I just really want to get going and if DH isn't around then I will have to have my dealer come put everything together - 6 back surgeries so I do not lift. I was just lucky DH was around this weekend. He travels overseas a lot and so I have to grab him when I can.

Good luck on your end - when are you putting your Millie together?? Are you a newbie or just getting a new machine. I am a newbie.

Meg

Well Meg, there's our answer. Thanks John. Mine will be going together on Tuesday. First chance that DH and I will both be available. I too am a newbie. I hade a grace quilter and played around with it some. Wasn't happy with the limitations of space for quilting and really found my machine tempermental. I am sure my Millie will be much more user friendly! Good luck Meg.

Jon.

Thanks. We will go ahead and finish.

Going thru the manual indicates that the trusses not only stabilize but are also used for leveling the table.

If this is the case, do you fore see any problems in the leveling process without the trusses? Will there be any problems or situations we should be aware of when we install the hydraulic lift?

It would have been nice if some where APQS mentioned this fact. I have spent the last few hours trying to find an answer and of course it is Saturday:(

Again, thank you:)

Meg:cool:

Meg,

Once you get your Millie set up successfully (and I have no doubts!), maybe you should be an setup consultant for Ernie!;)

Glad you're finally "getting it together" - it does seem to take a long time, but it feels so good when you can take that very first stitch!

Barb

It is done - all but the zippers - Most everything was done last night. Basic adjustments and the overhead light bar this am. Then some errands to finish the organization for the sweet Millie. Will put the zippers on tonight and I am ready to roll - or at least start the process of PPP.

Thanks again and so enjoyed talking to you. Very encouraging.

Meg:cool:

• 2 months later...

oh no offense taken :) that's why I winked at you. I've only have my machine for a little while and I just want to make sure I have everything I need to insure this investment lasts! I appreciate any advice I get when it comes to taking care of my new baby. I even built her a room of her very own!

I wish that I had seen this thread sooner!I too just got a Millie with a ten foot table and hit the problem of not having the trusses and strap. I had to wait over a long weekend to call APQS to discover the fact that I didn't need them. I understand that the manual now states that they are not needed with the shorter table, so no more panic and frantic postings needed. LOL.

Sue

Trusses are black rails that fit under your aluminum rails. They add support to the table so it won't sag in the middle.

You can adjust your middle screw to push the center of your table up. I find most people have that too high and create a hump in the center of their table that could cause drag. Trusses come with 12 and 14 foot tables.

Archived