Need help organizing stash

HAHA, Very well said;)

Originally posted by JLM

I have been reading the great book "It's all too much" by Peter Walsh about clutter. He mentions that it is impossible to put 10 pounds of stuff into a 5 pound bag. If you only have room for a certain amount of fabric, no amount of organizing, and no purchase of organizers will make it fit into your space. Keep the fabric that speaks to you, and get rid of the excess. When new fabric comes in, old fabric has got to go out. Otherwise we will end up buried under our fabric. ;-)

Janet Mohler

Colorado Springs

I took my cue from Cheryl Uribe, when I spied her units UNDER her Millie... she (and now I) purchased five units from The Container Store with the wire mesh baskets (you can make your own configuration). Granted, these are not cheap, BUT you'll purchase them ONCE! Then, realizing how much space was available between the top of the basket units and the Millie, I invested in those Sterlite containers, 18-quart size, with the easy-to-lift handles, and then I segregated the fabric by color first, then a few topics... polar bears, trains, Laurel Burch, and so on. This has worked really well for me, and I am grateful to Cheryl not only for the storage hints, but for the wonderful instructions and classes she offers. She is truly awesome!:cool:

One thing comes to mind reading about all these organization dilemmas...I don't have enough fabric!:P:P

Thanks to Darlene's wonderful system (which I got to see in person and it is absolutely to die for!), I bought the Antonius baskets at Ikea as well. They are perfect for all sorts of things. And they are CHEAP and well-made; two terms you rarely hear in the same sentence. My stash is entirely too small though...It only fills up two 4-drawer units. I must buy more fabric...SOON!!;)

I don't get to Ikea very often (closest is Sacramento--a 3 hour drive), but when I do, I always fill up the truck for the trip home.

Archived