microdrive handles

I enjoyed reading the recent posts by happy Lenni owners. I'm in the same boat...I'm trying to decide which $10,000 range long arm to buy.

I wanted to know if the microdrive handles will fit the Lennie? That is a big issue for me since I'm already an accomplished machine quilter sitting down.;) and I'm very concerned about how much control I will have on a long arm...will I be able to do my feathers and other designs with the perfection I'm used to? After lots and lots of practice of course! I discovered by testing another manufacture's machine that using the handles lower, next to the needle gave me a lot more control.

Thank you for any information/advice. This is a wonderful delimma...trying to decide which long arm to buy...but it's also very stressful, hoping to make the right decision with no regrets.

Happy stitchin'

Darlene

I do believe that the microdrive works with Lenni. The head case is basically the same as the Liberty head and there is a microdrive to fit the Liberty. I was just wondering if you have considered George? Since you are already accomplished with sit down quilting, you would get a much bigger throat and table size and have no real transitioning time. Just a thought.

Patty

Thank you! I'm happy to know I can use the Micro-Drive, now my decision just got a little harder! I have seriously considered the George, but I really, really hate basting quilts! I have done it for 20 years...I have probably inserted a hundred thousand safetly pins!

I owned the Juki/Grace/Stitch Regulated combo and although I was pretty good with it, I was totally frustrated by the limitations. I recently tried the HandiQuilter and felt like I was worn out after just stitching one row...it seems very difficult to move. Then I tried the other major brand of longarm that offers a stitch regulated machine around $10K and was very pleased with the ease of movement. But I am after not only ease of movement of the carriage, but excellent stitch quality as well. And that's where I'm at right now...I don't have a dealer nearby to try the Lenni, but I'm impressed that the Pro's rave about the improved stitch quality and that the stitch regulator seems to truly "work" on the APQS machines. My husband has the money in the bank to buy a machine and he's pushing for me to make a decision..For me, $11,000 in cash to buy something for myself doesn't come along every day and I don't want to make a mistake. My gut is telling me I will love the Lenni...I want a machine that moves smoothly, runs quietly, has excellent stitch quality and a stitch regulator that truly gives even stitches...is that too much to ask! :D I must admit I'm a little worried about the reports of the "snags" on the rails...I would love to know if with the new solid table those issues have been resolved. I don't need a break apart table, I have a permanent location available for my frame.

Sorry to run on so long...can you tell I'm nervous? Any advice, support would really be appreciated...even off board. BTW, I've been lurking around here reading posts for two months. I feel like I know many of you even though I've never posted before. The information has been very valuable...thank you APQS for making this available to us. Best Wishes, Darlene

Hi Darlene,

Don't apologize for running so long..... we've all done it before, its the excitement of the machines.

You are right on about the stitch quality, ease of movement, etc. You have definately done your homework. Yes, the new one piece table has taken care of the "snags" on the rail. The rail is a solid piece of steel. I don't know if this will help or not but at the end of Sept. I will have a Lenni at the Jacksonville Fl quilt show. It is a nice show in downtown Jacksonville close to the riverfront and shopping. How 'bout a little road trip?? :P

I have the info on the show on my website and it is also listed on the APQS main site under events and then September. Would love to meet you at the show ;)

Have a great day!

Patty

Hi Darlene,

I have a new Lenni, arrived in late April. It has the take apart table. I have had zero problems with this machine. The interesting thing for me is that I absolutely wanted a SR, but find it so much easier to use without. I am sure some of this is lack of experience, that future practice will remedy. The only thing I can say is if you plan to use your LA for a business (which I did not) you may want to go with a used Milli and have all the extra bells and whistles that would make your life easier.

Kathy

Hi Patty and Kathy, I don't plan on quilting for anyone but myself and perhaps my mom and sister occassionally so the Lenni should be all I need for now.

My main concern at this point is that I have a machine that makes a consistant balanced stitch, and a stitch regulator that truly gives even stitches and a carriage and table that move smoothly without catches. To me there would be nothing worse than looking at the back of my quilt and finding those dreaded "eyelashes" or the bobbin thread pulled tight around the curves. (that aren't user caused of course!)

I like the look and lines of the Lenni and the fact that there is an additional 2 inches of space in the arm...I think I have made my decision to buy the Lenni but I know I'll second guess my decision and be nervous until the machine actually arrives and I will see for myself that it moves as smoothly and stitches as perfectly as I hope it will.

Thank you to each of your for your input and encouragement. I'm going to call APQS today with a few questions before I make my decision. I have a great Gammill dealer nearby and that is a big plus, but based on the comments by all of you here, APQS provides excellent customer service as well. I really think I probably can't make a bad decision either way.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi all

I am new to the list and have my Lenni on order, must say not sure if I have done enough homework before the puchase after reading all the mail.

About the table is there a choice between the folding one and the other?

And the Mirco Drive are they the different handles? Also looks like I should buy the Hartley expander base set. Questions and more questions.

cheers

Christine I am looking forward to getting my machine

Hi Christine

Welcome to the forum, its great to see you here. The table comes in two sections and the rollers you will be receiving are in one piece. Its a great set up. We had it at the Melbourne Show this last week and everyone was very impressed.

The micro drive handles can be attached just under the regular handles. I don't use them on my Lenni, but do on the Milli sometimes. The Hartley expander base comes with two straight rulers one 7" approx and the other 10" approx and they are very useful for doing diagonal lines and I use the short one for going around applique.

The Circle Lord is another awesome tool for Lenni owners and is on special at $499 until the end of this month - www.loriclesquilting.com. you might want to check it out.

Not too long now before you Lenni leaves the factory!

See you for the set up

sue in Australia

Archived